You can type here any text you want

Roller Rocker Valve Cover Mods

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

mtocrs1

Mtocrs1
So I installed some roller rockers and I thought all would be needed to retain the stock valve covers was the valve cover spacers....
My passenger side valve cover doesn't fit. The baffle for the breather is contacting the rocker shaft. I plan to cut the baffle out. Anyone else done this? Will I start dripping oil out of the breather with the baffle removed?

You will probably start pouring oil without that divider.

Can you shorten the rocker shaft a little to clear the baffle without compromising the assembly?

I ran the stock ones with T&D 1.65 rockers with valve cover extension with no problem. I cut out the baffle and used the angle vale cover breather on driver side. Very little to no leak.

I ran the stock ones with T&D 1.65 rockers with valve cover extension with no problem. I cut out the baffle and used the angle vale cover breather on driver side. Very little to no leak.
So you didn't run a breather on passenger side?

You will probably start pouring oil without that divider.

Can you shorten the rocker shaft a little to clear the baffle without compromising the assembly?
No it hits good. Would rather mod cheap valve covers then rockers. Thinking about epoxy my own baffle in

So you didn't run a breather on passenger side?
Yes ran a small push in style but leave the baffle in the passenger side just mod the driver.

Attachments

• 2012-10-27_18-57-45_140.jpg
    2012-10-27_18-57-45_140.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 135
OK on the passenger side I also taped the baffle closer to the front Of the valve cover. I didn't need much for it to clear. I also ground down the bolt shafts for clearance. My passenger side were thicker than my driver side but I ground down both valve covers.

Got mine modified and it works ugly but works
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379888296.226948.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379888312.155725.jpg

Forgot to get picture of finished product...
The plate got epoxied to the breather side of what is left of the original baffle

Back