You can type here any text you want

Roller rockers and cam

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dvernst

I've got the valve covers and rocker arms off. Is now the time to do a cam and roller rockers?

You'll need intake, oil pan, and front cover off. And modify the valvecover to fit the roller rockers.

Peace of cake.

Ohh yeah.. get the new custom length pushrods made.

Like Razor said there's alot more to come off to do a cam, but the rockers are a snap - give Harland Sharp a call for the rockers then measure for what pushrods you'll need(around .100-.200" shorter than stock but always measure before ordering :) ) and order a set, Summit stocks Trick Flow pushrods and they have them in .05" increments like the .125" shorter TFS-21408350 or the .175" shorter TFS-21408300. The drivers side valve cover will need to be clearenced a bit around the baffle for the breather.

HTH,
Steve

What do you think they cost. It's to late to get a hold of him, and his website doesn't have prices for anything.I found a set from another company for $800. Plus $100 for valve cover spacers. Also do you have any idea what someone would charge for labor to do valve springs? Thanks

dvernst said:
What do you think they cost. It's to late to get a hold of him, and his website doesn't have prices for anything.I found a set from another company for $800. Plus $100 for valve cover spacers.

I dont know the exact retail price on them scince we worked together to make the first set but last I spoke to Randy it would be in the area of $400 and new moly 5/16 pushrods are around $80 from summit. No valve cover spacers are needed but you will have to take some of the baffle out of the drivers cover. Also the bolts need to be modified, they can do this for you if you send him yours or pick up a new set to send. Here are a few pics of mine:

Modified bolt
DSC00885.jpg

Rocker setup
DSC00880.jpg

On the car
DSC00898.jpg

Is this the recommended roller rocker for the TTA? If so does anyone have the PN for the Harland Sharp Rockers, or a recent price for a set?

Dont have a PIN but just call Randy Sr. or Jr @ Harland Sharp. They will be able to get them done. Just send them your stock Valve Cover Studs. I just got mine a couple of months ago and I believe they were around $380 shipped. I can try to post a picture of the Valve Cover clearances that are needed.

HTH
Rob Hinson

So this would be a fairly straight forward swap then? I need new pushrods as well, how do you determine/measure the lenght of them?

Yea it is very easy to install them. Make sure you have a pushrod lentgh checker, you can get them from Summit, to get the proper size PR for zero lash. I ended up with a 7.900". I think.

Rob Hinson

Bobtempest said:
Yea it is very easy to install them. Make sure you have a pushrod lentgh checker, you can get them from Summit, to get the proper size PR for zero lash. I ended up with a 7.900". I think.

Rob Hinson

That is with roller lifters ;)

Dropped Randy @ Hartland a line to see if he can help me with a set.

What is the part number @ Summit for the push rod lenght checking tool? Looked in their catalog but could not find one.

Anyone got the correct GM part number for the OEM rocker / valve cover studs? I got the old part number 25519860 but nothing shows up on that one anymore so guess it changed?

And what ratio rockers do you run ? Are the stock 1.5?

Got the rocker/cover studs being shipped from the US thanks to Jason ! VPI still have about 340 of them so if anyone else needs them they are avalible from VPI.

Roller rockers (1.6 ratio - thanks Steve and Julio) ordered from Randy Jr. so will be on their way shortly.

Do I need to reuse anything from the old rocker setup (except for the studs I need to modify)?

By the way go the dimensions for modifying the studs from Randy Jr. so will sort that out here instead of shipping them to Randy Jr.

So for the valve covers, all I have to do for clearence is to grind off the driver side vent shield thing and that's it?

6 new (well NOS) studs sitting here on my desk thanks to Jason :cool:

Will have them turned per instructions I got from Randy Jr. Roller rockers are on their way as well as a complete roller cam kit (206/210 Comp Xtreme with roller lifters, new pushrods and cam button and roller chain setup)

Ok got the complete roller cam setup (Comp 206/210), comp roller lifters, roller cam button, push rods (hope fully correct length), rollmaster roller chain kit, comp beehive springs etc and the harland sharps roller rocker kit. The GM NOS studs (thanks Jason) are being cut end of this week ..... that was a lot of $$$$$$ and a heavy suit case back from TX :biggrin:

I have the picture of my modded VC. I probably took more off than needed but it works great.

HTH
Rob Hinson

Back