You can type here any text you want

roller rockers

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Mine went 7.19@96 and 11.25@121 on top, so I was suprised to see a 6.5@97 that would have to be like a 1.2 60ft ;) Mine was a 1.56 on that above pass.

hey guys , the one difference i have is a th350 tranny non lock up when i made that pass maybe thats why i dont have that much mph. i now have the 200-4r back in the car, gotta try it again and see what i run.

I'm not nearly as concerned about the ET vs. MPH debate as I am about whether or not the scorpion RRs will fit under the stock valve covers. That whole setup looks sweet!
BTW here are my #s
60'...1.538
330'...4.522
1/8...7.056
MPH...96.91
1/4...11.088
MPH...122.97

Chris...the Scorpions are actaully a little smaller dimensionally than the Cranes that I am using....you should see no issues in terms of the stock covers fitting.

Just wanted to follow up to see if HOUSEFOSPEED has got the car running with the roller rockers. Blew a HG and would like to change the rockers over while its apart. Are the part #s listed above all that is needed for the swap? Where can you find the studs that will double to hold valve cover on?

i cant find a 11.0 slip but thisis a 11.22

60 ------- 1.56
330 ------- 4.626
1/8 ------- 7.162
mph ------- 98.48
1000 ------- 9.365
1/4 ------- 11.229
mph -------122.37

so i still cant see the 6.5 1/8 even with a th350

o and my buick gn with a th400 went

60 ----- 1.56
1/8 ----- 6.73
mph ----- 101.34
1/4 ----- 10.68
mph ----- 126.89

and this was with a non locking converter
george

All the pieces are in place...working on the front mount and the rear end. Will let everyone know when its running.

TTA roller rockers

Hi guys,

A friend sent me this thread so I thought I would respond. I am working with GTP (Gallant Technical Performance) on producing a bolt on roller rocker set up for the TTA. It is a true roller rocker (fulcrum and tip) and will come in a kit. We are designing it to be used with the stock valve covers and castle nuts. The kit will go on my TTA 1st before we offer it so that we know it will work. All issues have been solved and the only hold up is waiting on ARP to produce the custom studs we need. My vision is to have a direct bolt on with no machine work to the heads and our mock up was done on a TTA block with a 206/206 cam. We haven't finalized a price structure as yet but our main goal is to make it affordable and to use quality hi performance parts. If anyone is interested, please contact me.

Definately keep me posted....am I assuming correctly that the ratio will be the same or better?

For reference, cannot use 8.700 for pushrods. It will put the roller tip over the valve stem tip and mid lift.

To get proper geometry, at mid lift, aka .250, the roller tip has to be centered over the valve stem tip. If not, you know what happens.. :rolleyes:

89ICBM, good luck with the project, it was surely a pain to do mine.

Roller rocker kit

Originally posted by turbov6joe
Definately keep me posted....am I assuming correctly that the ratio will be the same or better?

Howdy,

Yes, they will be a 1.7 ratio. With a stock cam, this will give you around 0.008 more lift. As soon as we have the set up on my car I will call for a head count.

Razor....8.700 worked on mine, mocked up perfect...guess it all depends on the particulars of the setup.

Good luck 89ICBM.....that would have saved me making the valve covers for my car...but the covers do set me apart from the crowd.

Good 4 you :)

That length wouldnt of worked on mine.

Cheers.

HouseofSpeed,

Please contact me privately. I didn't know there was another TTA in the area, I would like to talk with you. Occasionally we get together, there is 6 other TTA's here.

Back