You can type here any text you want

Rough idle when cold

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Captain

When I first start the car in the morning, it idle's up and down. I goes from almost dying to a high idle. It only does this when the car is cold. I have replaced the MAF, IM, and the CP. When checking the codes, the MAF shows .003 with the key on and the car not running. Does anyone know if this is right? Thanks

Common function of the chip. On start up it will check to see if it runs at low rpm, if rough, it will high idle for a few seconds then drop low again. It will keep doing this until it is warm and idles smoothly at around 750-800 rpms. Normal stuff.

I changed the idle sensor and that took care of the up and down idle problem I was having. It idles fine now, but still seems to have a miss. I have replaced the MAF sensor and sprayed the entire motor and trying to find a vacuum leak, but have not been able to find one. When I unplug the MAF, it idles better for about 5 seconds and then goes back to rough idle. When I first plug my MAF back in, it acts like it wants to die, then goes to rough idle. Is this normal?

Back