You can type here any text you want

Running rich

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

eagleguy

Car has that wonderful fuel smell when I sit at a light (no leaks) and I have black carbon build up on my exhaust tips. Things are potent enough in the garage that the wife smells it up stairs. Any ideas. Plugs and wires are new and gapped to specs.

Do you have any Scanmaster numbers,logger info? Vac leak,exhaust leak.maybe

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Years ago I had the exact same problem , right down to the smell from the garage and the wife wasn't very happy.
What cured my problem was six new injector and a matching chip from Eric at TurboTweak, and a new 02 sensor.
I did have one injector clogged.I did have a S/M2 back then but all reading were up to par. But I would replace 02
sensor first, to start with. Good luck :yuck:

scanmaster not working right at the moment, stuck on all 8's. Where is the O2 sensor located and how hard is it to replace?

scanmaster not working right at the moment, stuck on all 8's. Where is the O2 sensor located and how hard is it to replace?
It's on the passenger side exhaust manifold. Right under the turbo.

Any brand O2 sensor better than others. I was told Delphi is good but never heard of them.

Denso here.

Car has that wonderful fuel smell when I sit at a light (no leaks) and I have black carbon build up on my exhaust tips. Things are potent enough in the garage that the wife smells it up stairs. Any ideas. Plugs and wires are new and gapped to specs.

Don't keep driving it like that ... its not good for it .. especially if its more serious than a O2... like a stuck injector ..

it doesn't take long to wash rings

Scanmaster came alive and was running 460 at idle with no exhaust smell. Just dumped a can of CRC 1 Tank in the gas to see if it can clean anything before I start changing parts. The local GN mechanic has recommended the Delphi O2 sensor.

Last edited:
If the O2 is hanging out in the mid 400's most of the time, then the sensor is probably dead.

You need to be at operating temperature *160 degrees
blm should be at 128 +/- ten.
Your running rich so should be plus .

Back