You can type here any text you want

running rough

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Jimmy2wires

The car didn't like the cold. Wouldn't idle until warmed up. Started and ran fine once the weather warmed. Started it one morning, rpms went to 2000 and wouldn't come down util put in gear. Dropped to 700 and service engin light came on. Tried driving, ran rough and cut out every time I stopped. Scan showed bad o2 canister. changed that. Drove the car and the scan kept showing codes and then they would show ok. Temp would show 188 then 13, then 250. RPM would show much higher then actual. Hooked up different computer and it showed a bad a/c relay. Changed that. Still rouning rough.

Did you use a different chip in the other computer? That really sounds like a chip socket problem. I had that.

Same chip, different computer. Changed maf. Replaced corroded diode on a/c. Looking for a bad ground or a shorted wire.
Could be the chip? Maybe engine coolant temperature sensor? I hate electrical problems. I replaced nearly everything on my car. Good luck.

Back