You can type here any text you want

Runs better with STOCK chip, rather than THRASHER!!!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

B.B.

Immature Member
I has a problem lately with my battery being a little low and my Thrasher security screwing up, so I swapped out with what i think is a stock chip.

I have had a problem with high boost knock/cutting out/running like crap with the Thrasher. I love the drivability with the Thrasher. I thiught I had a bad coil module or coil pack.

So, I thought I would open her up with this other chip and HOLY CRAP!!!! It runs much better at WOT!!!!!! Granted, I have 93 octane and it boosted less with the NON-thrasher chip, but man, I had o2 of 823 and 0 knock!!

With the Thrasher, I have around 790- 800 O2 and 3 or 4 degrees knock/black smoke/ cutting out, etc........

What can I do?????????

I love the security and mild manners of the Thrasher, but...........

BTW Its a Thrasher 92 for Bluetops.

Replace the car's battery. Thrasher makes different use of the battery voltage, and requires more of it, to operate at 100%.

I figured that part out. It is now running with theThrasher chip now.Thats no problem.

I just wanted to know why it runs like crap with the Thrasher!!

While the cars running WITH the lights on I have 14 to 14.1 volts.

Your car is not handling the extra boost well. Make sure its not overboosting too much causing excessive knock. How high is the boost going? You should be able to turn the boost down with your adjustable wastegate.
Also, make sure the ignition is up to snuff. Higher boost needs good ignition. Change your plugs and gap them down to .030".
Make sure your not running out of fuel, check pressure, fuel filter, etc.
Many things to look at!
Good luck,
Eric

Make sure that your fuel pressure is adjusted per the instructions. It should be 45 psi with the vacuum line off. If not then that might be what is causing your problem.

Back