Rust Hole Repair

pvtpilot

2LT USAF
I was out the other night poking at some rust and well... it turned into a good 4'' hole. Of course its the rear quater behind the tire where i poked through. I also have a matching hole on the otherside. BTW... I was putting some rust converter on the rust spots.. i don't just go around poking at rust on my car :) . Anyway, Whats the best way to repair these unsightly holes? I have a mig welder and can hold my own using it but i'm worried about the welding thin thing GM sheet metal. Any other methods that don't involve welding that are still quality? I will weld if thats the best ;) . Just shoot some Ideas this way. Thanks.

Cutting to clean metal and welding in a new piece is best. Another method would be to tack on a new piece of metal and use the product Dura-glas, which supposedly doesn't draw moisture, and then fill and paint. Of course treat backside too. Get to work! ;)

I agree. Weld a patch in to clean metal and fill and paint. Duraglass is good but I have also used a product called Allmetal. Has metal in it and is extremely hard when fully cured.

Good Luck!

quarter repair

Does anybody make repair panels for the lower portion on a regal?
I have not found any yet but still looking, in the same situation as above, guess i will have to bend my own and weld in.