You can type here any text you want

Rustang GT

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GNBeswick

It's just a V6 Regal....
So theres this kid with a 2003 Mustang GT, only mods are intake and headers....what do you think it will run? He says 300 hp...I dont belive him. Hes talking trash about the buicks....doesnt really know what a Grand National is.....I like the speak softly and carry a big stick approach. Im pretty confident I can take him, but what do you guys think? I havnt had time to take my car to the track....but it sure as hell feels fast.

i wanna be there when you smoking taking a video, please let me know when the race is going to be i will take a trip to santa clarita, i have a friend also with a GN who lives there, maybe we both show up with our slow buicks and take turns whooping him down.. ;)

310-561-9195 i am serious about taking a video of the whooping hehehehehe.

The GT's are 260 hp stock... they are supposed to be very responsive to headers. The intake probably helps a bit too. 300 hp would not surprise me. If he's a good driver its most likely a 13 second car.

Friend had an '02 he beat on for a few months... had headers, 2.5" H-pipe with cat delete, flowmaster 2 chambers, and the computer had been retuned. That thing was night and day different from a stock GT... we were pullin with a C5 Vette to about 55 before it started to edge us when we were out messin around one night. I didn't think that was too bad for a daily driver :D

Have fun kickin some ass with the turbo buick :wink:

We raced an 02' GT a while back, supposedly had headers, cam, intake, retuned computer and 150 shot of nitrous. We just wasted him like their was no tomorrow, and it was an automatic. You should be able to pull him if it's a stick though.

Ya...hes manual....Im betting his shifting skills are lackluster. He looked up "85 Grand National" on the net...came up with 200 HP 300 Torque...thinks hell smoke me based on the numbers ;) We'll see if he searches any further and backs out :p I wonder what my car runs though...I really need to take it to the track, what do you guys think?

It depends...

depends on your boost, and your tires. what do you plan on turning your boost up to, what kind of tires are you running, and what kind of boost can you build at the line? Another thing, I race mustangs daily (when it was nice weather out) and I'd say 60% of them NEVER disclose their full modifications. When racing the latest generation mustangs (not the fastback throwbacks) automatically assume cold air intake, header back exhaust, and chip/ecm. right off the bat, and go from there. With just those mods, properly tuned 2000-2004 GT's are kinda quick. If he knows what he's doin on that stick, don't under estimate him. Their throttle response and low end torque can be quite impressive.
But, with your combo, a TRUE cold air intake (which if its the big mouth i think you have, youre good to go) good exhaust, the boost turned up, some good MT tires, and a decent launch, theres no reason you shouldnt take him, providing you havent been running all nite, and have some heat soak goin on. I'd bet on the GN on that one.

Back