You can type here any text you want

RX7 rear tires ??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Grumpy

Thread killer
what are you guy's running for rear tires ??? backspacing on rims ??? :confused: :biggrin:

Dan, that's a 2nd generation. You'll want to register at www.rx7club.com . It's a very large group. Lots of info and classifieds. When it comes to tire combos. It's been beat to death. Still, no one agrees. You might want to keep the Buick part to yourself over there. They are die hard Rotorheads! :biggrin: Dave C.

Forgot to change my signature. That's weird. I just changed it, but the update showed on my last post. :confused:

hey I am looking forward to something different !!! and this def fits the bill :biggrin: Ill be talkin to ya !!

Gonna put that Stage II in that? Al, how's your friends RX7's project? Is that where you got that info from? No info on a Caddy swap on that site ;) That project is just plain sick. :eek:

Stage2 is goin in my new TTA ..putting the 10k one back to a stocker and selling .. RX 7 will just be a driver (hopefully a 13 sec car :wink: ) ..now did you buy a TTA ??? :confused:

How about this, 2nd gen RX7 w/a '70 Caddy 500 :p

Attachments

• j17.JPG
    j17.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 152
Not yet, waiting for pics...

Grumpy said:
RX 7 will just be a driver (hopefully a 13 sec car :wink: ) ..now did you buy a TTA ??? :confused:
13 sec car! Back with the mazda rear diff with 3.90s and those dinky 205 tires, I did get one pass in... 12.8 @ 107 (2.3 60ft). It broke the tires loose big time shifting into 3rd and blew the intercooler hose wide open with only 18psi! :eek: If I know you Dan you'll have it into the 10s in no time. Dave C.

DAVID C said:
13 sec car! Back with the mazda rear diff with 3.90s and those dinky 205 tires, I did get one pass in... 12.8 @ 107 (2.3 60ft). It broke the tires loose big time shifting into 3rd and blew the intercooler hose wide open with only 18psi! :eek: If I know you Dan you'll have it into the 10s in no time. Dave C.

dammit Dave don't let the cat out of the bag !!! :eek: :biggrin: this is goin to be fun like the TTA ( no one knew what that was eithier ) ... I like sleeper's :cool:

Grumpy said:
dammit Dave don't let the cat out of the bag !!! :eek: :biggrin: this is goin to be fun like the TTA ( no one knew what that was eithier ) ... I like sleeper's :cool:

......umm Dan, too late :p Let's see, a "stocker" Buick-turbo 6 in a 2,900 lb.(guessing weight) car, sounds like tens to me. Just add methanol and stir :)

and BTW, I was thinking the same thing a couple weeks ago, when my buddy picked up his RX.

no !!! not that light ..plus my fat ass will be 3500#s ... so 13s should be on the $$$ :eek:

Check out the V8RX-7 section on http://www.torquecentral.com

That car will fly. I went mid 11's on a stock turbo in mine.

If you want matching rims the '89-91 Turbo 2 rims are 16x7 and weigh about 16lbs. You can put 245/50/16's and 255/50/16's on them. A better choice would be to run 16x8 '93-95 RX-7 rims out back (16lbs also) and the same size tire. They won't fit up front without hubcentric spacers. RX-7 convertible rims are only 15x6.5"; however they only weigh 11lbs each. :eek: 225/50/15's fit easily.

Scottie GNZ in FL can probably let you in on his preferred combo with the same style RX-7. He runs 16x4" space saver aluminum RX-7 front spares! Welcome to the world of sub 3,000lb cars, .29cd aerodynamics, and sleeper status. :wink: .

well Melissa went 11.4s with a stock motor with a 51 turbo and 50# inj .. this is prob 4-500#s lighter .. this is goin to be fun !!! now do guys put frame connectors and such in these cars ?? :confused:

Back