?'s about '71 GS for sale

daviss

Driving home from work yesterday, saw a gold '71 GS 455 for sale. Car has a cloth bench seat and column shift auto. Pretty car and priced right. Question is, is there such a thing as a '71 GS 455 with cloth bench and column shift. Not too familiar with options on the GS cars. Is this possible or is it a rebadged skylark?

Thanks
Steve Davis

Steve,

Check the VIN. It should read 43437XXX if it's a real GS. Unfortunately you can't tell if it was a big block car or small block car from the Vin in '71.

Neal

daviss said:
Driving home from work yesterday, saw a gold '71 GS 455 for sale. Car has a cloth bench seat and column shift auto. Pretty car and priced right. Question is, is there such a thing as a '71 GS 455 with cloth bench and column shift. Not too familiar with options on the GS cars. Is this possible or is it a rebadged skylark?

Thanks
Steve Davis

If it's gold with black top in Mo. there is a thread about this car on V8buick.com

Looks like a real nice car. The cloth interior is probably wrong but the column shift is possible.

I have a 1972 GS455 and it is a bench seat (vinyl), column shift car.

The pics of the car you are talking about on the other website look real good. Looks like a sweet car for the money too!

Yeah, that's the same car. I guess I'm not the only one in town that saw the bright gold muscle car on the side of the highway. For 12,500, I wouldn't think it would be there long enough for me to round up enough money. I thought really hard about selling my turbo car to buy it.

Steve