You can type here any text you want

S2 pistons

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

KendallF

Blah blah blah
Well, I got my pistons from BRC. They said 4 weeks and it took them about 5...not bad in my book. See some pics here:

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/frederik32212/lst?.dir=/BRC+pistons

I wanted a combustion chamber-shaped dish and I got one, even with a 34 cc dish, 3.632 stroke and 6.5 rods. They did have to have a bridged oil ring. If anyone needs custom pistons and wants to have my specs to start with, I'll try and scan the spec sheet and post it as well. Of course, it might be wise to wait until I run them to make sure they work out... :)

VERY NICE!!

I ordered from Ross a short time ago -- I let them talk me out of the heart-shaped dish. They claimed it was case of "diminishing returns," on account of the extra-deep dish necessary to get the volume (34-35 cc) w/that shape. I didn't have the knowledge to contradict them, sooo...

Maybe we'll compare notes when it's all done, see what kind of power is on tap -- how's that for empirical data?!!

TIM

J+E"s

I got my J+E pistons today from PTE . They are 4.030 with round dish for 6.5 rods..... 9 to 1 comp. It took 4 weeks to get them, also got a new set of rod bolts . I dont want to take any chances with this expensive engine. The pistons alone were 570.00/6........How much are the BRC"s , and the ROSS"s

THANKS JEFF

Back