You can type here any text you want

s2 question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

blackbox

How much to build a complete s2 motor that runs in the high 9s or low 10s that is streetable. BY streetable i mean driving it more than just on special days. Thanks

I remember reading back on a thread that a guy built one for 9k. I am still trying to figure out where you can get all the parts alone for that.

You would be far fetched to do it for less than Travis said COMPLETE. Remember that the only difference IMHO is the cam selection that will make it more durable for the street. The rest is usually built like any other high output Stage II. Be aware of all the junk parts floating around there.

Thanks guys for the info. I am new to the buick scene and am looking to buy my first one. I know somethings about them because my friend and his family are buick people and all of them own gn except for the mom. I was also woundering how much would it cost to rebuild a s1 motor to handle 10s and be able to drive it on the street. thanks

To add up all the money spent on building a S2 car (with S2 heads) would make you run screaming in the opposite direction. Then when you get into it, you find out how many parts you have to fabricate on your own because NO-one makes it. You have to LOVE these cars to be crazy enough to take on a Stage 2 project.

Building a stock headed (TA, Champion, or M&A) headed motor might be a little easier because you can use stock intake and exhaust manifolds, But, ain't nothin cheap about building one of those either.

Price: $15K. Aggravation: included free. Pride and thrill of building your own: priceless.

Dave

I'm into it for a lot less than any number quoted so far. In my case though, substitute "cubic time" for "$$".

Originally posted by DFAST1TTYPE
Dave:

Very well said! Do not forget a couple of G's for braided lines.

:cool:

What? $2,000 in braided lines and fittings? I spent a few hundred, using pushlock for the fuel supply saved me a few dollars, but... sheesh.

And I put mine together for a lot less than $15K, too. Patience in the gathering of parts, and using good used parts, can save you a lot of cash.

Depending on how detailed you get with braided lines I can see pushing 2k. It seems whenever you think about running "something" in braided lines it is $200 Bucks. It gets more expensive if you get into 10 and 12 AN stuff.

Originally posted by Ted A.
Depending on how detailed you get with braided lines I can see pushing 2k. It seems whenever you think about running "something" in braided lines it is $200 Bucks. It gets more expensive if you get into 10 and 12 AN stuff.

I bought most of my fittings and line used..Muscle Motorsports in NC has a big selection, and it's about 1/2 price. They are incredibly disorganized and lose your order about half the time, but hey...you put up with it for the savings. :)

I also got some stuff on Ebay, watching for decent deals. My radiator hose is -20 AN kevlar hose with a heat shield; I bought 11 feet (!) of the hose with two ends for $40, and another two -20 ends for something like $20.

Well, Ted, if you say so... I just get the feeling that some of you guys shop at "Full Retail Plus." :D

The $15K price I threw out is way over what I've got into my S2 project. I've shopped, swapped, begged, borrowed and bartered my way thru this project. AND I fabricated most of the unique parts myself. I've been working this project for over 3 years. If you are patient, you can find deals.

Kendall,

I've bought alot of the hose ends new and used off ebay. I'm a bit dissapointed in the problems I encountered. I would NOT even consider using "used" hose for fuel line. The rubber breaks down over time and will find its way into your filters and injectors. Better to go push-lock than used.

DR

Originally posted by Mac in SD
Well, Ted, if you say so... I just get the feeling that some of you guys shop at "Full Retail Plus." :D

Lets see, I made a comment about things costing about $200 bucks when you want to run something in braided lines and wouldn't be surprized if you could run up a bill for a couple of grand.

I know what I spent on braided lines for my car. No it wasn't 2k. I shop at Summit or Jegs.

Kendall actually helped out the situation here by giving some helpful information, unlike what you have contributed. For the life of me, I can't figure out WHY it is that no matter what subject, there is a smart a$$ that makes me wonder why I even bother with anything around here.

Ted

Ted, you've got to be kidding me. I make a little "smiley-face" comment, and you take offense and call me a smart-a$$. WTF. Why bother, indeed.

You 2 guys have been around a long time. Can't we all just get along. Common guys lighten up on each other will you.:cool:

Ted, you've got to be kidding me. I make a little "smiley-face" comment, and you take offense and call me a smart-a$$. WTF. Why bother, indeed.

My mistake, I am not capable of reading into what smiley faces mean. :) :D ;) :eek:

Originally posted by Ted A.
My mistake, I am not capable of reading into what smiley faces mean. :) :D ;) :eek:

Well, to be honest, Ted, I am something of a smart-a$$, so it's my mistake, too. :D
Apologies for any offense.

Well, to be honest, Ted, I am something of a smart-a$$, so it's my mistake, too. :D
Apologies for any offense.

Let's forget about it. :D

Back