You can type here any text you want

S281

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Kyle F

Addicted to Boost
Anyone ever race one of these? I tried to catch one today at a redlight, but too much traffice. Could't get up beside him before he turned off. I was wondering what would have happened. HE appeared to a stock convertible with the Boost guage on the center of the dash and a roll bar.

Any ideas how fast these are?

No idea how fast but i ran one about a year ago from a stop and walked on him. I think those cars are faster top end but i'm not sure. This one had exhaust and nothing else from what i've heard so i wouldn't be worried.

thry aren't that fast at all. i saw a supercharged one put down 281 hp to the rear wheels. i almost fell over i was laughing so hard thinking how much money he wasted for 281 hp. a almost stock gn would walk all over an s281. now if it were a s351 well then may that would be a contest.

281 refers to the engine size (281 cubic inches=4.6 liters). I raced one--easy pickin's.
Keith

They look sweet.. The only problem is that there allot of $$$$$$ for a 4.6 with a blower and a couple minor mods..

Now the S351 or the Rousch Stage III version are pretty quick..

I have seen SC rwhp numbers at around 310hp. The S281E is rated at 425hp but ran low-12 and high-11-second times. I would love to have a saleen vert to putt around in. It is IMO the most beautiful late model stang.

Back