You can type here any text you want

Saginaw fittings...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

STP

Narrow A$$ Racing
Who has these fittings for the fuel rail. I am running a second pump on my car and need two saginaw to -8 fittings. I ordered some alleged "saginaw" fittings from PT&E earlier this week, and recieved them today. Not even close to what I need. Need one to go on the fuel rail and a second one to attach to the stock filter and then into a Y block. Using intank pump and cutting a Granatelli pump on with a hobbs switch...Also running a filter on the second fuel line. HELP!!! Do these fittings have to be O-ringed? Thx Scott

Scott,

I don't think either of those fittings is 0-ringed; they're flared fittings (? not at home to look..) The Saginaw fittings are the ones down on the frame where the rubber/metal hoses connect to come up to the motor; they're o-ringed. I think inverted flare to AN is what you need..maybe like the one shown here on the left (different size)?

http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=4719&prmenbr=361

On the fuel rail side, you could do what many people've done and weld an AN bulkhead fitting on.

You've been messing with that stageII stuff for too long Kendall. ;)

Those fittings that he needs are both Saginaw. I've never come across any adapters.

I'd head to a hydraulic supply place and get 37 degree flare steel fittings and weld them where you need them.

Paul

Originally posted by 10SV6
You've been messing with that stageII stuff for too long Kendall. ;)

Those fittings that he needs are both Saginaw. I've never come across any adapters.

I'd head to a hydraulic supply place and get 37 degree flare steel fittings and weld them where you need them.

Paul

OK..I am clueless. :) I did find this, however, courtesy of Shannon Durphey.

Accel FUEL LINE FITTINGS:
"High quality aluminum fittings provide perfect fit to adapt
GM fuel rails
(Saginaw) or high pressure fuel filters with Saginaw flares
to AN-type
fittings."

Fuel Filter Fitting Kit: 3/8 Saginaw to 6AN (2 ea):74721
TPI Fuel Rail Fitting Kit: 3/8 Saginaw to 6AN (1 ea), 5/16
Saginaw to AN (1
ea): 74730

A complete list of a bunch of different style adapters:

http://www.diy-efi.org/diy_efi/html_archives/archive_num_94/msg00714.html

Thx Kendall, but i need to go to 8 AN. I've seen the fittings you're referring to, but I can't seem to find the same fitting with -8 on one end...I have one inverted flare to -8 that i used on another car. It doesn't have an oring and it didn't leak at the rail. Is it safe to use? May just try it and see...

You mean like this? (And yes thats o-ringed on the rail side)

http://members.cox.net/realfastv6/980518-002.jpg

$1,000 , or trade for 3.4 Even Fire Wide Journal Stage 2 crank.

:D

(actually, I got it from Cotton, he had a bunch way back in the day, no clue where he got 'em from, i could never find them in an aeroquip/earls/russell/anything ... from what Kendall posted, it appears to be the accell adapter)

STP I have the fittings you need, email me if you still are looking.
Thanks, Kip

Back