Sat., Aug. 5th, Donut Derelict's, Huntington Beach

Gary Wells

White turbo Buick trailer park trash
Saturday, 05 August, the SoCal Gran Sports are having their next club function at Donut Derelict's. It would be nice to see a good accounting of turbo Buicks at this show. Can we get more turbo Buicks there than Grand Sports? I doubt it.

jlehmannjr said:
I will try to make it but I will need the address or directions
--------------------------------
John:
It is in a strip mall at Magnolia & Adams, Huntington Beach. Can't miss it. This is an early moring crusie, starting around 5:30 A.M. or so and ending around 8:00 A.M. or so. If you do a search on "Donut Derelicts" you will find a lot of previous history on it. Cruise dates back to about '50's or so. There will be quite a few of the Buick Gran Sports there, as that is their next get-together/club function. I am sure that your car will steal the show. Glad to have you on board, & thanks for the support. You're showing up might even bring the old sheep herder out of his hole.

jlehmannjr said:
I did not realize there was a cruise, where does start and end ?
--------------------------------
It's not a real "get out and cruise", John, it's just called a cruise to differ it from a show, which gives trophies/plaques. About 150 cars or so, we just get out and look at everybody's cars, have donuts & coffee.

I will be there if you don't mind a work in progress 86 GN ,maybe i can park towards the back :)

Park up front,........

show em that your just as proud of yours,
I'll park in back as I won't get there til later,
actually, aren't all of them works in progress?
I don't have any car that is done, always something,
besides, I don't think I've met you, and I don't feel right insulting you
until I have had the pleasure of meeting you. :biggrin:

cruzn57

Well, depending on how you look at it, when we park together, and we almost always do, we have always parked towards the rear, or row next to last from Adams Street. This generally allows the late sleepers, of which turbobuick ownership seems to be a part or, still parking together. We don't allow any privledged people thinking that they don't want to park next to us. You will park where we do. And if you get there too late, you will have to park across the street, because there won't be any parking spots left. Sometime the HBPD lets us park between the lanes.

cruzn57 said:
show em that your just as proud of yours,
I'll park in back as I won't get there til later,
actually, aren't all of them works in progress?
I don't have any car that is done, always something,
besides, I don't think I've met you, and I don't feel right insulting you
until I have had the pleasure of meeting you. :biggrin:

cruzn57

Actually i did meet you at the dynoshop meet :D

Go ahead insult away ,its all in good fun and makes things interesting :D :D

Who?

memory, whats that?
get me started? why am I not running?

so, were old buddys. huh?

in that case can you loan me a few bucks to by a GNX I want?

oh, sorry, its Nordy thats rich!

I love this place!

cruzn57 said:
memory, whats that? get me started? why am I not running? so, were old buddys. huh? in that case can you loan me a few bucks to by a GNX I want? oh, sorry, its Nordy thats rich! I love this place!
-----------------------
We've always been old buds. I'm old, you're not so old, and we're buds.
running?? In regards to running, if your nose runs and your feet smell, then God built you upside down. Money: If I had your bucks, I could burn mine, that is if I could find any of mine to burn. Seriously, I am so broke that I have to take a cosigner with me to pay cash.

"All The Usual Suspects" are going to show, Lou, (from the sheepfarm), John with his gray Lou C. powered stage II car, Bob from Alvin's paint shop, probably with his street GN, Joe (hboost), Pete of PetesGN, and several people that I am forgetting.

Hmmm.... 1 hour 46 minutes according to Mapquest. WOW, that would make for an early morning. :eek:

Squid4life said:
Hmmm.... 1 hour 46 minutes according to Mapquest. WOW, that would make for an early morning. :eek:
---------------------------
Gonna see some very health street turbobuicks that you haven't seen yet, though. See you there. Just pretend that you are old like me: go back home, turn on the tv, and fall asleep. The car show "cruise" alone is worth the trip, there are some of So Kal's best street machines.

Gary,

Both Brian (BGN711) and I were there last Saturday the 29th but you must have decided to stay at home and nurse a hangover. The parking lot was packed by 6:15 and we were the only turbo Buick there. I should be able to make it this coming Saturday.

Drip Pan said:
Gary,
Both Brian (BGN711) and I were there last Saturday the 29th but you must have decided to stay at home and nurse a hangover. The parking lot was packed by 6:15 and we were the only turbo Buick there. I should be able to make it this coming Saturday.
-----------------------------
Old age, I guess, I was a little under the weather for no real reason. See you there this sat.