Sat night cruise pics

Dusty Bradford

Here's the link to our local cruise in at Steak and Shake held once a month. I drove the Regal, Chris Hogeland drove the GN with the telestars and my Dad drove in the Green 69 Camaro with my 4 year old son riding shotgun. The other GN on the Boyd 17's belongs to Joey and Melissa which is the car from my sig. They drive it to all the local shows and cruises.

Thanks to Samir who takes all the pics of our local events.This is his site. Just page through all the pics and check it out.

http://newpics.huntsvillecarscene.com/gallery/1679740/2/82025254

I did give 4 people joy rides who have a new respect for what it's like trying to hold 1200hp on the street.

Thanks for sharing the pics Dusty! Looks like a nice show with some sweet rides... I'm sure yours draws a big crowd around it when they see that big thumper that lies under the flat hood :cool:

BTW, How much do you charge for a joy ride?? :biggrin:

I think the chute got everyone's attention when I cruised up and down the lanes. We did get covered up once I parked.

Joy rides are free, burnout's are $20. That's the only bad thing about this much power. 25 burnout's and I need new tires for it to work on the track. :(

I'd venture to say your car is one of the few in EZ street and other similar Radial classes that actually sees the street for some cruises and regular joy rides which makes it that much cooler :)

Thanks and I agree. I think these street car races should still be street cars. That's just not the case anymore. I like having one of the few full interior heavy street cars in the class even if I don't win a race.

Thanks for the photo credit and link Dusty. :) I still remember the first time I saw the cars at the drag strip. :eek: I've always wanted a GN because of the design of the car. It was light years ahead of its time back in the 80s. And those two are just jaw droppingly nice.

I saw the parachute as others did as you cruised through. The first thing I was thinking was, "that would be insane to see someone pull a chute at a street race." :eek: I'm glad you brought the cars out and let me take some pictures. I hope you enjoyed the experience as well! Be sure to come to other events as well, even if you can't bring the cars.

There's actually another cruise-in later today. Huntsville Car Scene.com puts on a free cruise-in with free registration, food, and door prizes in Meridianville. We'd love to have you come by. :biggrin:

Thanks for the invitation Samir. I'll be busy today but will be at the track Friday night with Alan Kennedy and the turbo mustang.

Dusty Bradford said:
Thanks for the invitation Samir. I'll be busy today but will be at the track Friday night with Alan Kennedy and the turbo mustang.
Cool. You guys going to hsv or Baileyton?

HSV. It's a mid 5 second car that we're trying to work the bugs out and get the tune right. We don't feel comfortable enough running it at Baileyton yet.

Definitely understand that about Baileyton. I've heard the 60' isn't bad, but that there is a pretty drastic change in pavement that will cause any high-powered car to go from hooking to losing traction. I might check out the place myself tonight.

I don't know what my schedule for the weekend is yet. There's a lot going on and there's going to be rain.