Saw a dude die street racing.

dboosted1

Was at the local "illegal" scene. 750cc bike with a 150 pound kid, takes off gets squirlly and hits a concrete structure at about 80mph head on. Died within minutes. Sh!t is getting TO dangerous. Be careful out there. I wont forget this night ...ever.

Yikes.. bikes just make me paranoid period.. getting his adrenaline rush apparently didnt work out to his benefit..

ya bikes suck, they drive them like retards. no wonder they like them. lets see i spend 10k, go 10's, get girls and pay $hit for insurance. its no wonder they are so popular. i hate them personally. they all look like backside boys they way they dress.

I'll stick with 3700 lbs of steel and rubber around me, thanks! :D

And don't get me wrong, street racing in a car can be just as dangerous as a bike. I like to race on the street just like the next guy. You just need to know where to draw the line.

I want to buy the local airport that has gone out of business and make it the place where the street cars come on the weekends to race! ;)

update

Kid was 19 y/o and had the bike for 1 week. No wonder. His girlfriend and about 10 of his close friends saw it all happen.

Went to the crash scene today at light. He hit a 5x8 ft concrete slab. Broke the thing damn in half. No blood, not guts just a clean quick death.

Not all streetbike riders are stupid. I know plenty that are cool. And I also know alot if them that are they same age as me 17 that ride or try to ride like badasses. And they cant ride worth a crap. I have been riding and racing motorcross since I was 6 and had sportbikes since I was 14 and I will admit I ride crazy but i know what im doing and dont do it everywhere i go. Some poeple just dont deserve a streetbike cause when they get one it goes staright to there head and they think they are god.

Story hits home

I have been riding on the back and driving bikes since i was able to hold tight onto my dads belt. the rule we have in the family is simple and straight to the point, IF YOU DONT RESPECT BIKES THEY ARENT GOING TO RESPECT YOU AND YOU WILL FIND URSELF DEAD. My senior year a junior decided to show off to his friends by driving his bike illegally without a liscense on new F4i. At lunch he promised to show his fellow workers a wheelie and ended up smacking a light pole and dying the next day in the hospital. Respect is all the bikes ask, dont do that and u might find urself pushing up daisys before your 20th.

yikes

Geeze, that must've been tough to see happen. There's definitely not much room for error when you're riding an overpowered gas-tank on wheels. I know that people can easily mess themselves (and others) up with cars driven irresponsibly, but with a bike it seems a LOT easier.
I just started riding, and I'm still very careful. My bike is a "slow" cruiser bike that's 20 years old, and it still scares the crap out of me. I can't imagine riding something lighter that has 2x the horsepower...
It's ridiculous though, the rush of a bike, and how CHEAP they are. A new 'busa is what, $10k?? And runs 140 mph in the 1/4?? That's just TOO frickin' much speed for the $$$ IMO. People sometimes just don't have the responsibility to handle something like that.
I dunno, to avoid rambling, I will end with "BE CAREFUL" I feel bad for the kid.

DONERMOBILES!

My friends wife is a surgeon in Canada. She wouldn't let him get a bike. She calls them DONORMOBILES because that's were they get alot of internal organs for transplants. Most "donors" are young, healthy males with severe head traumas. Oh yeh, loaded with testosterone. Use your head, wear a good helmet and leather. Take it easy. Voice of experience taking. I've known and worked with a lot of guys that aren't here today because they didn't know their limits.....or were just plain unlucky. "A man's got to know his limits"......Clint Eastwood.

PS: I'm gonna take the clubman bars off my bike before I put it back on the road. Bad influence. I got two kids to think about.

Peace out.

I havent seen the direct results of a bike accident, but I have seen a few car wrecks. The skin can surprisingly hold in more than u think. Your insides get scrambled all to hell but ur skin will keep most of it inside. And I think alota kids like to drink when they race too. I used to see it back when I raced in Syracuse. but i kept sober, wanted to cut a better stoplight.

I will be the first to admit it, bikes scare the **** out of me. I used to work in a hospital and saw way to many examples of what happens to people who ride bikes. The problem is its not just the bikers fault. Probably 80% or more of the time its the 'other guys' fault. They dont see the bike and pull in front of them, cut them off or just plain run over them.
The worst accident I saw, the guy was lying in the ER on a stretcher, most of his skin peeled off his body, the Dr. had his hand inside the guys chest manually pumping his heart. Blood was running down both sides of the stretcher onto the floor. Needless to say, that guy didnt make it.
No thank you ma'am, I dont want any part of those suicycles.

Dave

Many times bike wrecks are not caused by the rider. I have seen it several times when a veteran biker is minding his own business and smack , here comes some idiot on his cell phone. These types of things happen to safe riders as well as these guys that go out and buy a 1300 cc , 600 lb bike and ride it even though some of them have no prior experience on a sport bike. bottom line is a 400 lb bike doesnt mix with 3700 lb cars and trucks. People sometimes think that maybe buying a Harley or custom chopper is a safer idea and the assume reason guys on bikes get hurt is because they are riding crotch rockets like fools. Bikes are bikes and there really isnt a way to make them safer other than riding on an open road and avoiding traffic. All it takes is one guy screwin' off to kill the responsible rider and an irresponsible rider will usually kill him or herself before someone else does.:(

11 bike deaths here in Ri, all were user caused and none were wearing helmets. someday insurance companys will wake up and charge them big $$$ instead of the poor young guy that cant afford a nice ls1 or gt cause insurance is 3000 a year. it really ticks me off when i'm sitting in trafic and some schmuck on a bike is weaving between the cars. thats always nice.

I feel the Gov't should but a clamp on the speed these bike can do.. Too many morons with these rockets and seen too many accidents and stupid riding..

Originally posted by dthrock
I will be the first to admit it, bikes scare the **** out of me. I used to work in a hospital and saw way to many examples of what happens to people who ride bikes. The problem is its not just the bikers fault. Probably 80% or more of the time its the 'other guys' fault. They dont see the bike and pull in front of them, cut them off or just plain run over them.
The worst accident I saw, the guy was lying in the ER on a stretcher, most of his skin peeled off his body, the Dr. had his hand inside the guys chest manually pumping his heart. Blood was running down both sides of the stretcher onto the floor. Needless to say, that guy didnt make it.
No thank you ma'am, I dont want any part of those suicycles.

Dave

Not to bash bikers, but here in NJ on Route 80 you could never convince me any biker accident would be due to the "other guy" 80% of the time. Not the way these bikes weave through traffic, tailgating, riding "between" lanes and going better than 100mph all during rush hour. In my commuting travels back and forth each day I can honestly say at least 75% of the bikes I see are driven grossly irresponsibly. Most of the idiot bike drivers need to understand that bikes are inherently harder to see and when going 100 mph it's no wonder they get cut off, what the hell do they expect? Bikers need to get some common sense and take the racing to the race track and leave the rush hour traffic to the commuters if they wanna live longer.

Here in MI the thing is sleds. 150hp on a 450lb machine, they are usually high 11's low 12's.
I see so many people ride around the trails with a pint in the back, or in the case of an Artic Cat ZRT600, a 12 pack happens to tif perfectly under the hood. Riding 90-100mph on snow and ice with trees on either side of a trail that is 6-10' wide. My wife is a nurse on the neuro unit where most head trauma patients pass through.
After enough close calls on my sled I ditched it in favor of the Buick. I have been in far more close calls then I care to count, and I took God's hint

I see them go up and down the highway around here all the time, showing off. Popping the clutches, riding wheelies, nailing the throttle and cutting through 35 mph traffic at 70 mph. I think bikes are cool, but you wouldnt catch me doing the dumbass sh!t that these morons do on them. All they do is show off, until they learn the hard way. Sadly, usually by the time the lesson is learned, its useless.

I like to think I'm smarter. I'm the guy in the infamous, bad, black, Buick Grand National doing the speed limit, or 5 mph -under- sometimes, wherever I go. Why? First: To avoid a speeding ticket in a car cops [around here] know. Second: To avoid killing myself, or someone else killing me.

(And third: because it uses too much gas when I get into boost :p )

I have been on harleys since i could hold onto my dads MC and i have\had tons of friends who are into the the streetbike stuff and have even ridden and crashed them :( they go down pretty easy a little sand and its all over
But anyway i have lost FAR TOO MANY friends to motorcycle accidents both harleys, custom choppers and crotchrockets(streetbikes) they are ALL dangerous no matter what... EVERYONE PLEASE BE CAREFUL i will still ride knowing the dangers and all but am a little more cautious then anyone who has not seen what can happen in the blink of an eye just everyone keep in mind horrible things do happen both in cars and on bikes EVERYONE ALWAYS REMEMBER USE YOUR HEAD