SBC Turbo Regal pics part 2

Dusty Bradford

John, I'll send some more your way this weekend :)

I got the motor together after a few setbacks but it's in the car and ready for the fuel system. I mocked up the headers and turbo on the engine stand.

Attachments

• enginestand1.jpg
    enginestand1.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 573
I guess I should have put some light on them. Oh well.

Here's the engine bay after a little detail work. I hate those plastic fenders but I'm not taking them off.

Attachments

• enginebayempty.jpg
    enginebayempty.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 534
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet

With that set up the only question to be answered is How fast will the suspension let the car go!? I was looking into doin the same thing but realized I would be spending a lil too much in the fabrication dept. Good luck and keep us posted on the times.

I think I am in love now!
Full size in email please!!!!

Did you guys get hit by the storm at all???

Thanks. It was a ton of fab work involved and to save $$ you have to do it yourself.

How fast on stock suspension? It should go real low 8's like it is at it's current all steel weight. I plan to do some more lightening of the car once I get it running. It needs a glass hood, bumpers, brakes, control arms all to come later. It'll have enough power to get close to the 7.90 range after taking some more weight off but most of my racing is 1/8 mile so I doubt I'll make any full 1/4 blast anytime soon. Once I get accustomed to the car I do plan to make a few 1/4 passes.

John, I sent some pics your way.

dumb ??

Are those headers just flipped over,or did you fabricate them yourself,or was it a kit you can buy...
Dennis :biggrin: :biggrin:

Thanks guys.

HellOnWheels, It came out around 8.25 to 1

BandAid, I made them myself. There are a couple generic kits out like Kooks which are really nice. The problem I have with them is they come up high next to the valve covers with the collector facing forward, reminds me of boat headers. I wanted mine to face down and forward so I had to make them myself so that I could place turbo and all where I wanted it.

Check my new post coming up with some up to date pics. I don't want to bog this one down with lots of pics.