You can type here any text you want

SC&C's G-5 package??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Heavy D

Anyone running it? can I run air ride with it? Any of you suspension wizzards have any input? You all know who you are, post up boyz :D

Dennis, If you plan to run a Air ride package you shouldn't need anything else! Depending on what air ride package you go with of course.

The Ridetech Level 3 info from their site = This is our performance system and it includes the best of every option we have to offer. If you are looking for the most versatile, and best performing system, then this is the option you should consider. Upgrades like StrongArms, MuscleBars, and the AirPOD control system are nearly always included in the Level 3 system. Includes: upper & lower tubular A arms, upper & lower rear control arms, Splined sway bar, etc.. $7,150

That is a complete suspension system so there would be no need for anything else.

Even the Level 2 comes with everything to upgrade your suspension and still no need for anything else.

I say choose one to go with and be done, If it were me and I had the money it would be Ride Tech (air ride) Hands down! I have been in several of cars equipped with their set up's and they are remarkable.

Scot W.

I agree Scott, and thanks for the reply. I bought a used, never used "cool ride" set up from Ride Tech off someone on the G-body website. Its just a basic entry level system which I know your aware of. There is also a G-5 setup available here locally from another turbo board member that is also new unused. I guess my question is, will those control arms from SC&C's package interchange with the Ride Tech bags, and or "Shockwaves" if I upgrade. I realize its better to keep proven parts together, but there are definite price advantages to consider.

will those control arms from SC&C's package interchange with the Ride Tech bags, and or "Shockwaves" if I upgrade. I realize its better to keep proven parts together , but there are definite price advantages to consider.
Very true! Why jeopardize any proven system with a mixture of parts that now makes the system Un-proven? One fast way to find out if another manufactures A arms are interchangeable is to call Ride Tech and ask. ;)

Scot W.

Stupid question but can the level 3 shockwaves be used without the compressor? Lets say I fill them to desired hight will they function correct without the air source? I assumed they wouldn't but spoke to someone on the ride tech site and they said it would work so I'm confused.. I really want the air ride setup and am doing my whole suspension over but don't want the 7k hit all at once. I would like to piece to system together as I go..

Stupid question but can the level 3 shockwaves be used without the compressor? Lets say I fill them to desired hight will they function correct without the air source? I assumed they wouldn't but spoke to someone on the ride tech site and they said it would work so I'm confused.. I really want the air ride setup and am doing my whole suspension over but don't want the 7k hit all at once. I would like to piece to system together as I go..
Here is Ride Tech's phone number 812.481.4787 They will be able to tell you for sure.

Ride tech's suspension is probably the hardest system to "Build as you go" but they would be the ones to correctly inform you what is needed to do so.

SW.

Sure they would, but why would you want to do that? The compressor and controls are how you tune your system. The whole purpose of air ride is having the best of both worlds. Ride height adjustability, and performance tuning. If your just going to air up the system and leave it, than just do a static drop. The suspension of your vehicle is probably one of the key elements to your car. It controls your steering, stability, and braking. There is no cheap overhauling of all that.... Oh, and there are no stupid questions. But there are a lot of idiots with answers :D

Back