SC pulley for sale :)

TireFryer

The New Kid
3.5" Thrasher Pulley for sale. Sold my car and have no need for it now. GREAT condition. asking $50 +S&H
packed and ready to be shipped.

for those of you that don't know what this is, it will give your car 25-30 extra hp due to more boost. This is a great mod for the price.

Yoy might want to add in your post that it is a press-on pulley and does require a special pulley-puller which anyone with a GP GTP or Regal GS should have access to.

hrrrmmmm

im a little interested

....do i need to buy a new belt? How much boost difference is there? (how early and peak)

does this cause the car to knock at all?

Jon

you will have no problem with the stock belt, since the difference is not that much. the tensioner wil take care of the slack. no problem with knock or anything else...you'll be fine. like mentioned in the post above, it is a PRESS-ON pulley so you will need to have access to someone who has a pulley-puller tool. let me know and I can mail it out as soon as I get the $$$ :) thanx...

The 3.5" pulley should not increase your KR. You might consider getting some sort of CAI(cold air induction) to really feel the benifits of the smaller pulley. Your boost should go from approx. 6.5lbs to about 10 with this pulley. I have a 01 GTP with a 3.4" pulley, Thrasher CAI, 180 deg. t-stat and u-bend removed. It is a difference of night and day.

The car has an CAI ....really the only thing done to it...

I work in a shop so its no problem to install it....

I'm just wondering if its that big of an upgrade.

I'd rather spend more money in my WE4 ...and would not like to break the GS or loose my warranty.

Let me do some research

I wonder if I could get away with a 3.25" pulley and an adjustable fuel pressure regulator...

I really need to call up ASP (hopfully that building that held those pullies did not burn down) and get the car on the dyno with autotap

Jon

I also have the RAT billet ADJ fuel pressure regulator combined with a boost upgrade...which means that for every # of boost, it increases your FP by 2# thus making sure u have enough fuel. BRAND NEW in box and comes with gauge and I will include all the hoses and t-splits needed for install! I bought it but it arrived after I sold my GTP. if interested, email me :) I will give you a package deal on the pulley and the billet ADJ FPR

You don't want to go to a 3.25" pulley. You do not have enough mods for this pulley. You will see alot of KR if you go this route. Stick with the 3.5". An AFPR is not required on the SC 3.8's.

AFPR is required for tuning purposes. you can't tell me that with a higher fuel demand, the stock injectors/fuel system can handle the increase in that demand with out us having the ability to tune the fuel flow with an AFPR. I have done a LOT of R&D and prototype work with these cars/engines and it helps ;)

To my knowledge the FPR really only ads 2 static pounds.

If those 2#'s help me to run more boost then I am all for it.

I just dont want to go thru all the work and $$$ to change it and want to take it to the next level.

what about thr 3.4"

I stated my goals before.... this is will not be a "mod" car until it gets the miles up on it and i'm bored with some $

There are people who are turning mid 13's and do not use a AFPR. We already are running approx. 52psi from our fuel delivery. The SC 3.8 engine is not like the GN 3.8 where fuel delivery was a problem.
As far as voiding your warranty, I only have 9000 miles on my car and my service tech is aware of the mods. GM has to prove that the mods you put on a car are a direct cause of something failing.
So you don't have to wait to you get miles on the car. All the mods I have are considered superficial and do not degrade the car in any way.
As far as going to a 3.4" pulley, there is not much noticeable difference from a 3.5". These pulleys are undetectable from stock. By the way, the stock size pulley is 3.8".

They way I look at it is that I am going with a smaller pulley, I do not really want to change that around alot....

I can have whatever boost level I want at any time in my WE4 .... and I don't want do just do the 3.5 if I'm going to wish I had something a little smalle the next week.

Jon

I would reccomend the pulley, I have a 3.4 on my GS and really woke up the motor. A CAI is reccomended with the pulley for the most hp gains.

98GSMN

I may be interested...

The pulley would be for my mom's 98' riv. I'd have to sell my dad on it. He's always afraid it would hurt something. But he has also expressed that he would like more power in the car. So with just the pulley swap it should cause no problems to the car? It's just a direct bolt it..correct? Like i said...i only ask so I can convince my dad. All the info i can get will help. Another concern is the special tool...whats the easiest way to get this? I dont know anyone that has done the swap. Would a regular shop have it? We have a buddy that owns a shop..and i didnt know if it would be something small town shops might have....i'll guess i'll check on that. I'd really love if he would do it...then that would give me a reason to make a cold air kit for the car. Tirefryer...consider me very interested...i'll be in touch....

You can try 3800performance.com for a rental pulley puller or log on to the gpowners.com and find someone in your area who has a pulley puller that can make the swap for you.

3800performance.com gpowners.com