You can type here any text you want

Scaled KPA v RPM

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

bilt2run

If 1 psi is just under 7 kpa. then is it correct to use this to set the user load points on a Gen II translator. I.E. user load with an 80 would engage at around 11- 12 psi?

hmm maybe I'm having a brain fart, but isn't kpa a measurement of manifold air pressure and not engine load? As 100 kpa is an absolute outside pressure, 0 psi on a vac gauge, or close to WOT on a NA engine.
Is this for setting up wideband AFR tracking on the Gen2?
I have the AFR tracking set to come on around a minimum of 2200rpms and about 112 load LV8. From looking at DirectScan recordings, the load is usually above 100 by as little as 6-7 psi of boost so I wanted my alky to be engaged by the time the AFR tracking kicked on.

You are correct 100 is about 0. I was mistakenly looking at it from the MAP sensor perspective instead of the MAF.

You are correct 100 is about 0. I was mistakenly looking at it from the MAP sensor perspective instead of the MAF.
ok, but the Gen2 does not have a MAP input, nor does the stock ECM. The MAP sensor on the passenger side fender is only input to the stock boost gauge. Just trying to figure out what you are computing for that 1 psi boost scaler

here

Pressure unit conversion constants

Just the wrong way to look at it from the computer standpoint I guess.. 1 PSI being appox. 6.9 KPA. I thought that the factory ECU might be "seeing" this pressure via the MAP sensor. Figured it out with turbobob's help

Back