Scanmaster 0 Retard rdg even in WOT ok ??

87chrisss

BLUBYU
never seen any knock on my car is this normal for a stock motor 30lb inj i run 20#'s of boost with smc alky TT alky chip running a mix of heet and water/ also ive tried windshield washer fluid -20 with heet to spike the mixture some folks say to run str8 methanol or denatured alcohol w/e.....regardless..any ideas why ive never seen my scanmaster read any retard degree.my o2's are inline with scanmaster tune tips? but no knock per Scanmaster..even in wot...is this ok? i just bought a casper's knock gauge from a member and im waiting for it (ups) to install it but i drive my Buick pretty much daily....im worried.. is my scanmaster rdg ok?? no mal codes

No knock is good. if you want have someone tap on the block by the knock sensor with a extension while you watch to see if it reads knock

cool i'll have my girl watch the SM o2 and retard rdgs while i tap the rear of the block...the car would need to be ranging in the 1000+ rpm to read correctly or can i just do it at idle i'll post my results soon..

Contact your chip maker. Some chips won't show knock at idle. And youll chase your tail banging on it

Razor you beat me too it! I use the esc module output voltage reading as stated in the other thread here.

Dan

i just got the gauge in the mail just know.. will be installing it soon.. should i use what is said on the gauge splice yellow/black stripe B7 from the ecm to gauge or you guys tap from somewhere else to get the knock rdg?

Id

Just turn up the boost you'll find it .. I ran 24psi on my stock car till it showed knock. Backed off to 23 psi and locked it down and that was on pump gas no alky or spray .so im thinking you should get a little more with your safety net ..