Scanmaster 128 at idle and 128 above 1/3 throttle?

rcparks1

Hi Folks. 87 T, te44, 42.5 inj, maf trans, Razor Alky, Turbo tweak chip, Cotton fmic, etc...
Car runs fine. No stumble or hesitation, it pretty much sh*ts and gits.
One thing I have noticed is that I get no cross counts at idle, the Scanmaster reads 128. Tip in, BLM readings vary as they should, cross counts at a normal pace, about 20 seconds to cycle. Above about 1/3 throttle the Scanmaster locks back onto 128. Bosch O2 sensor. Is this a function of the Turbo Tweak Alky Chip?. Bad O2? Translator? MAF? ECU? Just when you think you know these cars....you get humbled once again. Thanks, Ray

nothing wrong wth your equipment, Erics chip is open loop idle and only ocassionally takes a look at the o2 , being open loop it maintains a constant fueling (not rich to lean like a std chip) so cross count will freeze at idle and only occasionaly rise while chip is peeking,

if while cruising you see cross count rise slow then time to replace the O2

Eric does have BLM lock at WOT, but it may occur with some other variable as well, say your TPS voltage. I dunno. He has a forum on his website. He should be able to help you out.

www.turbotweak.com

Thanks!

Thanks for the reply. I kind of expected the answer, but you never know. Too bad you don't allow New Yorkers in MAGNA. My car is an 87 Regal Turbo. We only have 1/8 mile track here but with crappy tires and a 0 to 60 time of 2.1, it ran 91 mph at 8.0. Damn thing spun halfway down the eigth mile. I love Razor's PAC kit. I also have a 71 Cuda with a 440 that isn't stock. First time I drove my Buick, I went home, pulled the Cuda in the garage, took off the plates. The Buick could easily embarass the old Mopar. The Cuda is getting pretty dusty.
If you drive one of these 6 cylinder turbo cars, you better understand how they work, or you will pay dearly to someone who does. Thanks again! Ray