You can type here any text you want

Scanmaster G forXFI

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BADDGUY6

Is there a way I can data log on the laptop and still see the data on the Scanmaster G XFI at the same time? Run/connect both (laptop & Scanmaster) at the same time. Do I need a splitter cable?

Thanks,
Guy

Which XFI do you have? I believe with 2.05 you can split with the old Scanmaster 3. I'm not sure if a scanmaster G works the same way. I don't think the 2.01 box can be split. Bob would know easily.

Which XFI do you have? I believe with 2.05 you can split with the old Scanmaster 3. I'm not sure if a scanmaster G works the same way. I don't think the 2.01 box can be split. Bob would know easily.

I have XFI 1.340

you can try to connect via blue tooth to the SMGxfi and then log with laptop but from what i've heard the rate is no what you would get with direct connection
update box from 1.340 to 2.05 which will support two comm channels and then you can connect the SMG to the second com and you have a chance at doing both (worked fine with SM3xfi) but i had problems with the SMGxfi and an edash. my laptop also froze up when viewing ve table.. bob was supposed to have a fix to try to slow down the SMGxfi

you can try to connect via blue tooth to the SMGxfi and then log with laptop but from what i've heard the rate is no what you would get with direct connection
update box from 1.340 to 2.05 which will support two comm channels and then you can connect the SMG to the second com and you have a chance at doing both (worked fine with SM3xfi) but i had problems with the SMGxfi and an edash. my laptop also froze up when viewing ve table.. bob was supposed to have a fix to try to slow down the SMGxfi

If you had an internal data logger and the SM G would rate be better than using a SM G and a laptop to record data?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

internal wouldnt care what you have connected to com port ..if its set for 20 frames/sec that what you'll get

I created a software update to slow down the polling rate to see if that would help/fix the edash issue.

the bluetooth interface adds no time delays, CCOM will read the XFI just as fast thru the bluetooth/Scanmaster G as it will connected. I think there are some issues with some of the internal bluetooth stuff in some laptops which may be part of some issues seen.

as far as being able to see data on the scanmaster and have the laptop logging also, at the moment it doesn't display the data in pass-thru mode, but its something worth discussing. what data would you want to see?

Bob

as far as being able to see data on the scanmaster and have the laptop logging also, at the moment it doesn't display the data in pass-thru mode, but its something worth discussing. what data would you want to see?

Bob
Hi Bob,

Would like to see Knock Retard & Boost together on one screen. And AFR & Correction % Also on one screen together If possible.

Thanks,
Guy

Back