You can type here any text you want

Scanmaster G recall not working

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1984 t-type

Murphy's Law
Everything works but the recall, used to work just stopped one day. Bought it new nothing in my setup has changed, what should i check ?

what software version is in the gauge? The peak capture takes a fair amount of throttle, and blinks a dot on the main screen, is this still happening?

Are you using a powerlogger, or just from the ECM's datastream?

Bob

Says 1.0 when I key on. I can do a long standing burnout or run wot for a 1/8 th mile or so and nothing. Didn't used to take that mutch to get a recording before. No powerloger yet

Gotta make a run it in tomorrow to tell you if the dot blinks, never paid that any attention before.

hold the left button when you key on and see if the full software version is shown.

Thanks

Bob

Here are the readings from when I hold the left button and key on.

S/N : 2CM5L

Flash : 4015

SW version : 1.06

Timer Cal : flickers between 106-107

I love the gauge when its working, my gauge wont show boost any more, it just reads -27 to -28 the whole time. Bob, any ideas?

Just took it out for a drive on a open road, got on it pretty good a few times and didn't notice a dot pop up on the screen anywhere.

ok, 1.06 is the latest one. I will look into the peak capture trigger.

on the boost display, the gauge just displays the data it receives, so we need to look at your MAP sensor connection. (electrical, not hose)

Bob

Any update on this, should i just look into getting another one whats the warranty on these ?

I've checked the logic, and haven't found a bug. I've run it here on the bench and have been unable to make mine do it. There is no issue with warranty, we will get it taken care of. If you can send it here I can see what ails it.

Bob

I've checked the logic, and haven't found a bug. I've run it here on the bench and have been unable to make mine do it. There is no issue with warranty, we will get it taken care of. If you can send it here I can see what ails it.

Bob
I was wondering if you were able to sort out 1984 t-types problem. It seems that mine is doing the same thing. If I get on the the car I can watch the gauge but can't recall the numbers during full out runs of 2 + seconds. My software version is as follows:

S/N 38TWI
Flash 4015
SW Version 1.02

I bought it from full throttle last year. Any help would be appreciated.

I tried for quite a while to recreate the symptom here. with no success.

checking the logic in the software I don't see how it could decide not to work. but bugs can be sneaky at times.

for 1.02, we definitely need to get yours updated. I can do it here (and investigate the peak capture issue), or you can do it over bluetooth.

Bob

the warranty is one year, if you can send it here, I can figure it out, repair or replace it.

Bob
Found my issue, kind of embarrassed as it's a simple one. Couldn't figure out why my car all of a sudden wouldn't go over 15# boost and started looking at the tps reading, for as fast as it was running I was only getting about 2.5 on the tps. Issue was when I removed my fuel pressure transducer it sat my underhood fuel gauge right in the path of the throttle arm. Sorry for all the confusion Bob, I should have checked the tps# back when you said it takes a fair amount of Throttle to start the recording.

IMG_2640.JPG

Back