You can type here any text you want

ScanMaster Numbers

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Bird of Prey

Hey Folks, got my Scanmaster today (thanks Jim and Jan!)

My readings: (idle)

O2: 230-414
AF: 07
L8: 48
bat: 13.7
Int: 133
bL: 137
CLt: 179
AtS: 109
RPM: 775-800
tPS: 0.44 idle, 4.36 WOT
IAC: 48
MAL: 00

Didn't get i to a testdrive by now.

What do you think? O2 seems very low

How long was the motor running before you took your readings? The O2 sensor may not have been warmed up yet.

man, that hurts. I come right from the testdrive....

I have excessive Knock retard (as scanmaster shows)

Peak was 36.3 today! argh!!

at 3/4 acceleration it is about 17.

is it true, only 2-3 is alright?

pls help me!!!

matt

/edit: Air/Gas Ratio shows 770-790 lowest at recall

i suppose i have the stock chip, but i'm not sure, didn't have a look at it...
where is this thing located?

only mod i made and which i know is a k&n filter

i have to mention that the car is "shooting" and sputtering just before the shift point at hard acceleration.

i have to mention that the car is "shooting" and sputtering just before the shift point at hard acceleration.

Your detonating the piss out of it then. Turn the boost down to 16 and start over or you will be posting about a rebuild. Whats the max boost? Do you have an aftermarket boost gage?

The Scanmaster is like the turbo Buicks best friend that's for sure! :) Get that chip out of there and get a turbotweak stock chip in there. Eric made me one and my car was like a new car! The TTA's stock chip is loaded with timing. Eric takes some of the timing out and adds some fuel and I have never seen knock on my scanmaster since I put his chip in. I was getting weird knock like you with my stock chip. I do think allot of that is false but I would toss the chip for sure and tune some more! :cool:

right now i set my air screw (idle screw) to about 70. i can't go any lower, because the arm doesnt go farther backwards... (?)

My TPS Sensor shows .48 at idle and only 4.46 at wot. is this enough?

idle RPM is about 775 now.

That's not an idle screw! It sets the throttle blade angle for minimum air; you should set it back to where it was (as best you can) and set the TPS the correct way:

http://gnttype.org/techarea/maintenance/TPS.html

better yet, do this:

http://gnttype.org/maint/basics.html

does sound like false knock- but you want to get the car dialed in BEFORE you go turn up the wick......otherwise, you'll get real friendly with your tools....

Back