scanmaster numbers

86grandnat.

I just took the car out for a good drive today and here are the numbers idling while in park, car normal operating tempurature (note: gas is still 3 years old)
0-740
af - 02
l8 - 20
bat - 13.7
int - 133-140
bl - 160
cle - 187
ats - 100
r - 900
tps - .52 (.48 shut off)
iac - 29
cc - 13-237
mal - 00

I have my translator set to the following:
on
on
off
off
I have the 3" impala MAF.
Do these numbers apear to be ok? The cars seems to run a bit sluggish at low rpm.

I just took the car out for a good drive today and here are the numbers idling while in park, car normal operating tempurature (note: gas is still 3 years old)
0-740
af - 02
l8 - 20
bat - 13.7
int - 133-140
bl - 160
cle - 187
ats - 100
r - 900
tps - .52 (.48 shut off)
iac - 29
cc - 13-237
mal - 00

I have my translator set to the following:
on
on
off
off
I have the 3" impala MAF.
Do these numbers apear to be ok? The cars seems to run a bit sluggish at low rpm.

Holy moly! man everything is waaayyyyyyy off, you got major air suckage
you need to find the source of that vac leak and your gas is crap and the deposits from the bad fuel on the injectors most likely have plugged em up.
your AF is to low
your INT and BL is adding tons of fuel to try an fix the lean
your TPS should be set at 40 to 44 key off

find the leak, test injectors one by one by idleing and pulling each clip and note change of idle but since your idle is poop, it might not help anyway

Go to home depot and buy a couple of gallons of Xylene, try and get as much fuel out as youcan, fill up with good gas and dump the Xylene in to try and clean the injectors but it may be fruitless, reset your TPS to .40 and run the car and note any change or lack of

While idleing in driveway start with all vac hoses then proceed to other possible area of leakage

Good luck

I have a lot of exhaust leaks around the manifolds and turbo. Do I at least have the translator set right? I will check the all the vacuum hoses tomorrow. Funny thing is, I didn't think the car idled that bad, its not throwing any engine light. It seems to run good on the highway.

Dunno what chip you have to see if Translator is set correctly
look at chip, if anything other then Extender and Extender Extreme the settings are on the lid

I tried to post back last night but lost my wireless signal, I wanted to make sure you just adjusted your TPS and fresh gas then repost but since you are aware of a bunch of leaks then an adjustment here or there wont help.

Any leak is a bad leak, leaks after the Maf, leaks from your Headers, Turbo, Turbo inlet gasket- ta style, TB, TB gasket, Vac block gasket, Egr, Intake, Vac lines

You need to address the leaks so start wrenching

The chip I am running is the extender chip. I was goin to change the exhaust manifolds but I couldn't get the pipe off going from the driver's side to the passenger side.

changed the air intake in the car to a cold air induction unit, here are the new numbers. still same old gas, no gas station in town, this will be next.
260-720 other side 0
af - 02
l8 - 23
bat - 13.7
int - 124
bl - 155
cle - 184
ats - 117
r - 875
tps - .42
iac - 60
cc- 0-249
nal - 00

are these any better? I noticed a couple changed but not the af.

changed the air intake in the car to a cold air induction unit, here are the new numbers. still same old gas, no gas station in town, this will be next.
260-720 other side 0
af - 02
l8 - 23
bat - 13.7
int - 124
bl - 155
cle - 184
ats - 117
r - 875
tps - .42
iac - 60
cc- 0-249
nal - 00

are these any better? I noticed a couple changed but not the af.

did you reset the ecm? unhook orange wire at batt for 30 secat idle warm your AF should be from 5 to 7?
your BL is still way high but your short term showed your pulling fuel but not much
Your IAC is off the charts for warm at idle in park, back off the screw untill it settles in the 20s then key on engine off set tps back to 40-42

reset ecm and drive then post back

to change the tps i just unscrewed that screw to get it to were it is at, lol. how do you change the tps another way? I put some fresh fuel in it tonight and some injector cleaner (still old fuel filter) and got some new numbers. I will just post the ones that changed:
l8 - 22
int - 132
bl - 148
cle - 193
ats - 127
iac - 57

Do I have the translator set right? I will unhook that orange wire next time I go to drive the car. Also, I noticed that my gas gauge does not work any more. I pulled the dash apart but that did nothing.

You don't have to keep unplugging the orange wire when searching for vacuum leaks. I just went through this. I was able to get blm to 135 in one of my cars, then I added 10% fuel at idle in translator and blm went to 128. I fixed several vacuum leaks at that time and couldn't find anymore. This car has stock injectors and an extender chip. In my other car, blm was 118. I took out 10% fuel in translator at idle and blm went to 128. This car has 009's and TT chip. I did not disconnect the orange wire when making these adjustments. HTH.

Rick

Not to get off the subject about your Blm's being too high, but don't forget to change that OLD fuel filter you still have on there!!

yup, change fuel filter, go to hardware store and buy a litre er whatever of Xylene and dump it in, that off the shelf injector cleaner is bunk.

thn once your filter has been changed ASAP get the IAC within spec
Extender settings are on-on-off-off

meanwhile troubleshoot all vac lines, going to cruise, vac ball/charcol canister
Map, egr etc

didnt see what turbo your running , if TA series check for leaks at inlet bell where it bolts up to comp

No you dont have to reset ecm everytime, i do it just to clear it then run it and take notes of new changes

i reset the ecm and the af won't go above 2.

If you are running an extender chip, an AF # of 2-3 is normal. When using the extender chip it will cut your AF readings in half to take advantage of the higher air flow readings it is capable of. In other words a 2-3 AF reading would actually be(4-6) AF reading.

Try setting the maf setting to O thats no change for 3.5 in. maf.
The 'hole' in my maf is only 3 inch [Impala maf].