You can type here any text you want

Scanmaster relocation project. Help needed

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1984 t-type

Murphy's Law
So I'm at a point in my project where I could use some help/ suggestions. I need to find a way to extend the buttons on my scanmaster. In my mind I'm thinking some type of small surface mounted buttons that would be installed on the clear plastic cluster cover, that would make contact with the scanmaster buttons so I don't actually have to modify the scanmaster. Just a thought, please feel free to throw your ideas at me.

here is a pic of what im doing
FullSizeRender.jpg

I like the idea as well. Maybe you can get a couple of reset buttons from old speedo's and use them. Run them thru a spring, old pen spring if not too strong, thru the hole in the plastic and pin thru the shaft on the underside. You need to insure a positive stop as not to damage the s/m buttons.

Does anyone have a non working Scanmaster to disassemble. I want to see the type of switch to see if it is feasible to make a remote switch.

that would work would just have to desolder the switch, add proper length leads, and resolder to the board. i thought about going this route but after all te work i put into this i was afraid to get to the end and screw up. and after you take the scanmaster out of the housing the 2 switches are the only thing helping to secure the faceplate over the display boards.

84 t type where did you get the speedo setup is that an overlay from turbo custom regal parts that looks awesome

It came on the car when i bought it but i have a stack of receipts from the previous owner maybe its in there, if so ill let you know.

Its not a sticker if thats what you are asking its the complete metal peice. hope im explaining that right

Back