scanmaster2.1 vs 2.0

rede4christ

i just bought a 87 gn it has a scanmaster 2.0 what is the diff between the 2.0 and 2.1? can i have it upgraded? also the charging system is not working no batt light bulb is ok? any help would be appreciated.:smile:

i just bought a 87 gn it has a scanmaster 2.0 what is the diff between the 2.0 and 2.1? can i have it upgraded? also the charging system is not working no batt light bulb is ok? any help would be appreciated.:smile:

You will need to call Mike at Full Throttle Speed and see if he will upgrade your Scanmaster to the latest version. I believe some can be however he makes and sells them so that would be the place to start.

Here is there website: FULL THROTTLE SPEED - Store Front Page

If you open the scanmaster up and look at the circuit board and look at with the chips and resistors facing up, if the board is a reddish color and there are provisions for adding a 40 pin socket in the lower left hand corner then you a 2.0 that can be upgraded.

There are pics on fullthrottletech.com
Mike

I'll let you know as soon as I get mine back from Bob Bailey.;) Then you can decide if it's worth it, I'm doing it to use with my wideband O2 and Power Logger.

Mike