You can type here any text you want

Scared a C5 Vette

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Texas gn

Ok, really this does not qualify as a “kill” but I thought I would throw it out there. It is more like “ scared to death” …..I just installed my transducer in the fuel rail and tied it into the Powerlogger on my lunch break. Wow, I had a whole half hour or so to blow so I headed down the loop around San Antonio looking to log some info. A few miles down the road I make a U-turn at a light an notice a nice looking C5 in an unusual green color at the light that just changed. Anyways here he comes in the left lane, I eased over into the right and waited for him. Unfortunately there is now traffic in front and it is difficult getting a good straight shot. Well we start the game of I am ahead…… now your ahead side by side in traffic. Well traffic clears out in front of me and I am rolling at 55mph. (guess I had better tell ya that I took my MTs off last week because I was chasing a vibration) (bad wheel) anyways I put her to the floor and smoked the rear tires at 55. My buddy was laughing his %$^& off! What a beautiful feeling! Now the traffic is clear and the Vette won’t pull up beside me. I even slowed down to a crawl,and he just hangs back behind where he belongs. :smile:

LOL
I had a similar run in with a Red Vette a few days ago.
He was in front of me in a turn lane. His plate said "TORCHED" and he was eyballing me in his mirrors.

When we turned, he accelerated gingerly, but there was traffic so I just paced him from a few lengths back and bided my time...

Next light is the ramp onto the toll road, and there is a good 1.8 mile to make a run before needing to merge, but there is no traffic, so...On the green he starts acclerating and as soon as I had an opening, I blast around him. I don't think he was expecting me to be as fast as I was, cuz he didn't react with full throttle until I was already at his door, but it was too little too late....I just ran away from him.

As we merged onto the open toll road, he was about 5 lengths back, but I heard an saw him nail it so I went in again and....walked away from him....a teaching moment...

When it was clear he'd given up...and was several lengths back...I let out, took it down to about 70mph and cruised. It took him a few miles but he slowly creeped up on me until his front bumper was even with my back and he just sat there until I finally got off the toll road.

LOL
I had a similar run in with a Red Vette a few days ago.
He was in front of me in a turn lane. His plate said "TORCHED" and he was eyballing me in his mirrors.

When we turned, he accelerated gingerly, but there was traffic so I just paced him from a few lengths back and bided my time...

Next light is the ramp onto the toll road, and there is a good 1.8 mile to make a run before needing to merge, but there is no traffic, so...On the green he starts acclerating and as soon as I had an opening, I blast around him. I don't think he was expecting me to be as fast as I was, cuz he didn't react with full throttle until I was already at his door, but it was too little too late....I just ran away from him.

As we merged onto the open toll road, he was about 5 lengths back, but I heard an saw him nail it so I went in again and....walked away from him....a teaching moment...

When it was clear he'd given up...and was several lengths back...I let out, took it down to about 70mph and cruised. It took him a few miles but he slowly creeped up on me until his front bumper was even with my back and he just sat there until I finally got off the toll road.

I see that your car runs in the low 11s….I am sure he was wise to leave you alone. Maybe you should get some of those little corvette, mustang, and whatever else stickers and apply them just below the driver’s side window, just like the WWII fighter pilots did. LOL. Wait a minute…..your door is not big enough! Happy Hunting!

It is called the "Intimidation Factor", just a little something these Buicks do all too well.

Regards,
Shev

Back