You can type here any text you want

Scared of F.A.S.T. Please Help

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1bad85gn

I have a clean original paint low mile 87 G.N. and for some reason I am very nervous about going with the D.F.I. Should I be scared of anything in particular? How time consuming is the instal? As always, thanks for any info...

Installation time varies, based upon what harness you use. If your using an adaptor harness, it will take a couple of hours for a newbie install. The most time consuming is the O2 bung on the downpipe.
Tuning times varies, based upon how close your vendor gets the start up program how quick of a learner you are.

Thanks for the info. I am using Jack Cotton as he is well known/ respected and within driving range of my house.

Lots of reasons to not use the stock computer,1 being since most dont ever keep the same combo,you can constantly update them,change tune for track conditions,etc,etc.There are alot of good reasons to keep the stock computer as well...

Plus,by the time youre in MER or Mafpro territory with the wbo2 and the little stuff,you couldve gotten a DFI unit like a nice used FAST box AND pocket a couple of hundred.

If a FAST tuner is within driving range of your house,esp Jack Cotton,IMHO youd be a fool not to just get a DFI box and be done with it. ;) No offence intended.

Jack highly recomends F.A.S.T. and he is putting my motor together. It makes sense for me because I have 84lb injectors and will need a modded ecm anyway. I can sell my scanmaster, direct scan, and old injectors and have almost enoough for a used F.A.S.T. I dnont think too many people will argue that a stock ecm will run as good/ smooth, etc. as it will with a d.f.i. sytem anyway.

We are you located? Im in CT, I can also help depending on how close you are

1bad85gn said:
I have a clean original paint low mile 87 G.N. and for some reason I am very nervous about going with the D.F.I. Should I be scared of anything in particular? How time consuming is the instal? As always, thanks for any info...

i was just asking because the post sounds like the car is a low mile original car. didn't no that you were rebuilding a new engine combo. just didn't want you to purches somthing you wouldn't need yet.but with what your doing it would be a good move. :biggrin:

Back