You can type here any text you want

SD chip Afterstart question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jpwalt1987

My question is about the after start that is programmed into the SD chip. Say your at the track and the car hasn't been running long enough for the after start fuel to decay out. How will that affect the WOT performance? Obviously this would be on a hot restart. It does take several minutes for it to decay out and have a zero correction factor. Thanks

I have written the program such that afterstart fuel is not applied when in boost, so it won't affect a WOT run.

One thing to watch out for is if the car is turned off in the staging lanes, the wideband correction is not enabled until 30 seconds after startup. This required to allow the O2 sensor to warm up.

Regards,
Eric

Thanks Eric. I was worried that the after start file would skew the wot readings. Glad to know it won't. I'll keep that in mind about the O2 sensor needing 30 seconds before applying corrections. Thanks again.

One thing to watch out for is if the car is turned off in the staging lanes, the wideband correction is not enabled until 30 seconds after startup. This required to allow the O2 sensor to warm up.

Does this just apply to the SD chip or is the same for the 6.1 chip?

6.1 chip also.
Pretty much any system that uses a wideband O2 for correction has to have some type of delay to allow the sensor to warm up after startup.

Eric

Well that explains a goofy log I had at the track over the weekend. I shut down in the lanes and suddenly called called into the box and went right into the tree after a brief clean off. I had screwing BLM numbers till about 60 MPH.

Wondering if this is something you can alter the timer on....the new PLX Gen has a faster soft start sensor. I don't know how much "faster" is but this PLX strats reading in about half the time the old LC1 did.

If you were under the 30 seconds, the correction would have just stayed at 0% (BLM 128).
The new soft start still takes about 25 seconds.

Back