You can type here any text you want

Seat time with the new Cotton's CPT-61

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

RatFink

PutTheNeedleOnTheRecord!
Finally, got to spend some quality seat time today and tonight tuning on my new combo. So this thing is ripping! Today's temp was probably around 86. I set the boost to 18, alcy off, exhaust closed, nittos still on and still 42# inj's still in spite of my sig. So it held 3 pounds on the line and shot to 18 pounds like lightning, the nittos where squeeling a bit trying to catch traction. Felt really good. No knock! So, I set the boost up to 20, held it to 4 pounds on the line, and it was really cookin, no alcy, 0.5 degrees on retard. Not bad...Set the boost up again to 21, no alcy. 0.5 degrees retard...
Set it up 22 and opened the dump pipe. Absolutely scorched the sh*t out of the nittos, alcy ON..no knock! It's running good. No noticeable lag with this bigger turbo and combo, the BB aspect of this turbo lives up to the hipe. 2800-29 stall didn't seem to be too little convertor, spools as well as the previous TE44, so I'm reaaly pleased with this turbo. Looking forward to getting the Micky Thompsons on and putting in the 60# inj and new TT chip, going to Bowling Green when it cools off this fall and turning it up to 23,24,25 maybe 26???,....Good stuff:D :biggrin:

What exhaust housing, turbine wheel & compressor housing did you get with it?

What exhaust housing, turbine wheel & compressor housing did you get with it?

.63, stage5, T4, 4"-2.5" Watercooled.
motor052007-4.jpg

.63, stage5, T4, 4"-2.5" Watercooled.
motor052007-4.jpg

Where did you buy your MAF tube to turbo reducer hose, up-pipe and turbo to IC hoses?

One other question. I wasn't aware that the turbonetics T-Series BB turbos were watercooled...is that a new innovation?

Mark

Where did you buy your MAF tube to turbo reducer hose, up-pipe and turbo to IC hoses?

One other question. I wasn't aware that the turbonetics T-Series BB turbos were watercooled...is that a new innovation?

Mark

I can't remember where the maf pipe came from..I think I got it from a vendor at the Buick meet in Bowling Green about 4 years ago. I got the reducer hose from a place in Nashville called Turbo Auto. He's got a cool shop with alot of good accesories that cator to Turbo applications. The website for the hose is Got Hose? HoseTechniques does! and his phone number direct is (615) 383-6242. About the turbonetics turbo, when I was at Turbo Auto buying the transition hose, I asked him if he had any fittings for the water lines, when asking him he mentioned that turbonetics had been doing watercooled center sections for many years, I think since the early 90's is what he said. He's a dealer so I guess he would know. I suppose it's just now getting to the Buick crowd. And the up pipe is from
Up Pipes

Thanks for the infor.

If I'm not mistaken Jack said turbonetics does sell H2O turbos but H2O is not required to cool them.

Yes, H2O isn't required, but the ports where there so why not? I talked to Turbonetics tech and he said if was his he'd cool it. It wasn't that difficult to hook up.

CPt 61

That CPT 61 is serious. im using a stock converter. Spool is ok but im gettin knock over 10psi. The whistle on that thing reminds me of a airplane. Pulls hard and I love it. I cant decide whether to go to Dynotech or Jack for a tunning?? I got about 2-3 weeks b4 i decide. Ive been to Dyno b4 good guys, its just Jack is a lil far.. Time wil tell and once I get a tune i will be reporting back...

This turbo is Turbonetics's version of the 61/31 BB for anyone who is interested.

This turbo is Turbonetics's version of the 61/31 BB for anyone who is interested.

Ahh, cool, I was interested in knowing that for sake of comparing other's combos and was curious what the Precision would be. thanks

I used this turbo with a PTS 9x11 lu converter, advertised stall of 3000 and I LOVE it. Car has a PTE FMIC, MSD 50's, 204/214 cam, MAF PRO with LC1 WB o2.

I used this turbo with a PTS 9x11 lu converter, advertised stall of 3000 and I LOVE it. Car has a PTE FMIC, MSD 50's, 204/214 cam, MAF PRO with LC1 WB o2.

Cool, any E.T.s?? with above combo?

Cool, any E.T.s?? with above combo?

Only time was before I had a boost controller on the gate, so I was only seeing 13psi on the track. 13.40 with a 1.85 short time. That was before the cam and any kind of a tune.

turbonetics uses a single ball bearing...pte uses dual ball bearings. all the pt61 have the same gt 61 mm compressor wheel, but different turbine wheels:

6131 = t31 - 620 hp
6152 = t350 - 630 hp
6169 = t04 stg 5 - 650 hp (sverble's turbo)
6176 = t04 p trim - 680 hp

pte hp rating is with the 3 bolt housings. t3/t4 housings will make even more hp and spool quicker.

full throttle speed has the GT6176RS which has t04 p trim turbine, dual ball bearings, and $200 cheaper to boot.

so you have a 4 bolt inlet flange, and a 5 bolt outlet and swing valve wastegate?

what octane gas are you using?

turbonetics uses a single ball bearing...pte uses dual ball bearings. all the pt61 have the same gt 61 mm compressor wheel, but different turbine wheels:

6131 = t31 - 620 hp
6152 = t350 - 630 hp

pte hp rating is with the 3 bolt housings. t3/t4 housings will make even more hp and spool quicker.

full throttle speed has the GT6176RS which has t04 p trim turbine, dual ball bearings, and $200 cheaper to boot.

so you have a 4 bolt inlet flange, and a 5 bolt outlet and swing valve wastegate?

Sorry I was thinking of the stage 3 which is t31 turbine side.

6131 = t31 - 620 hp
6152 = t350 - 630 hp

93 pump gas, 3 bolt, regular internal wastegate.

6131 = t31 - 620 hp
6152 = t350 - 630 hp

$200 cheaper? $113 for the water cooler kit..... $165 for a turbo saver kit
is it a big shaft turbo? T-netics is...
does it come with a 1 year warrantee..... no questions asked? T-netics does
does it come with a built in oil feed filter? T-netics does....
does it have a polished comp cover? Tnetics does...
is it VSR balanced? T-netics is
can it be rebuilt? T-netics can be...

I'll take the Turbonetics.... hands down.. more value for your money..

Which BB turbo spools faster the turbonetics or Precision? Assume same car setup and turbo size.

Back