You can type here any text you want

Secondary VIN location???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

cjmartin1964

I went to get my license plate recently but the woman at the DMV couldn't locate the secondary VIN location to verify that the vehicle wasn't stolen or salvage. She wasn't able to find it and now I have to go the the CHP office to get them to locate it.

Does anyone happen to know where it is? If I could find it myself it would save me from having to lose 1/2 day from work and making an additional trip. Thanks in advance.

should be one on dash...one on end of driver door...one under rear bumper looking up...one underside of hood when you raise it on the driver side...also under front valance also...they are everywhere on my car

Thanks...

Thanks for the reply.

I just went to look at the car and found that in addition to the normal one on the dash, there's one on the underside of the hatchback, one on the inside of the passenger door and I found a hidden one on the inside of the driver's quarter panel which you can see when you open the little locked compartment.

I didn't see one by looking under the rear bumper. Where exactly should I look? I'm going to call the DMV back to see if what I found is enough but if you have any other suggestions I'd appreciate it.

I think there should be 10 VIN stickers on the car. Look inside the inner fender when the hood is open. Also the hood, each door, inside quarter panels, hatch, rear bumper and nose.

Those stickers are for stolen panel I-D only, there is also a PIN - STAMPED vin on the body. That is stamped to aid the law enforcement community in case some yahoo steals the vehicle and changes the dash vin plate (visible through windshield) and tries to re-title it. Take a minute and take a GOOD look at the two rivets that hold the visible vin plate to the top of the dash panel. Those rivets are made specially for mother motors, and can not be purchased anywhere. The assy plants only,can order those and they are inventoried twice per shift to assure the "boys" are'nt selling them out the back door. Sorry for the long answer,
but we really do try to protect the car owner. Turbota (#70):D

My car has the VIN #'s in the glass on T-tops and hatch in addition to the other 100 places.

Also rumor has it that they also stamp the complete vin on the inside of the firewall near the heatercore, at least they did on theolder cars......

trading t/a : we still stamp the complete vin on bodies.. Federal Mandate !!!
Turbota.

Back