You can type here any text you want

Selection help needed (Pistons)

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

slamming 6

Drag Master
SII 4.1, Standard boar, 3.625 stroke, 6.5 carrillos,GN1's,Hyd Roller,this motor is going in a daily driver GN driven about 8000 miles a year.Iam looking for a pistons and don't know what to use I will be racing the car hoping to go low 10's any help is well appreciated,Take Care,AL.

slamming 6 said:
SII 4.1, Standard boar, 3.625 stroke, 6.5 carrillos,GN1's,Hyd Roller,this motor is going in a daily driver GN driven about 8000 miles a year.Iam looking for a pistons and don't know what to use I will be racing the car hoping to go low 10's any help is well appreciated,Take Care,AL.

Ross or JE, both have been plenty proven.

Diamond Racing makes some pretty nice pistons for our turbo buicks and have a decent turn around time on custom ordered ones. They are also a little more reasonably priced than the custom J&E's.

HTH: Jason

Iam going to look in to that and see if i can save a little money if i can going to call dimond tomorrow

I personally use Venolia pistons in everything I build. The thing I like about them and custom pistons is that they make you a job number and if you ever screw one up, you call them and say I need XXX many of Job numberXXXXX and they get them done for you. They do tend to be a bit slow this time of year though as they are covered up building fuel car pistons. They are also very reasonable. I believe my last set of pistons for my stage motor 4.020 bore ran me $550-600 or so shipped with a set of tapered tool steel pins and dbl. spiro lox. I like the folks at venolia, Drew

The cool thing about Venolias is that they give you an excellent price and any guy can call them up and order a set at that good price. The Diamonds are expensive if you try to order them direct. They do give thier vendors a big discount and they usually pass some of that discount on to the end user. If you go Diamonds you will want to contact one of thier vendors, I know Mike Licht at full throttle speed is one. Diamond told me to do this when I tried to order my pistons originally, and it was deffinately cheaper not ordering them direct. Diamond also does a job number with the build that's saved on thier computers so if you need any exact replacements they willl be easy to get.

I basically went with Diamonds over Venolias because I had a credit coming from a vendor who deals Diamond pistons. I think my total on them was $760, but that was for the pistons, the pins, the spiral locks, a set of file fit rings, and I went with the ceramic coated piston tops which was $120 or so extra. All in all I thought the $760 total was pretty reasonable.

HTH: Jason

Yeah, I use Speed-Pro hell fire rings in all boosted applications I build and I strictly use Swain technologies and Calico Coatings for all of my coatings. I prefer Calico for bearings and Swain for pistons. Just a personal preferance in the parts I like to use and results I have attained. Drew

Thank's for all your reply's guy's,I want to coat the piston's and bearing's.BTW Drew your screen name reminded me about my nova motor I took a motor out of a 65 vett that we had it had 435HP 11.9 to 1 open chamber motor,10:70's at 131 in the nova I'll stop reambling now :smile:

Back