You can type here any text you want

Sensor on intake elbow

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

72firebird

Well for the past couple hours I have been playing with the chrome MAF pipe I got from buickgn.com However the way I finally got it all to fit was with an aftermarket filter so that the filter would be in line with the pipe (turbo-maf pipe-maf-filter all in a straight line no real turns) Then I was looking at my old parts and remembered that sensor on the elbow for the intake. What exactley is this sensor and do I need it or is there a way around it. If not I will just make a pipe to go between the filter and MAF and tap the pipe for the sensor.

That´s the air temp sensor (I think). You need it, or the car won´t run good at all.

My TTA has a K&N cone filter. The previous owner drilled a hole in the neck of the fliter and the air temperature sensor is installed into this hole (it is a press fit). I am just mentioning this if you don't want to drill the MAF pipe.

Thats your ATS. It is needed to be plugged in else you will throw a code. On some chips it uses the ATS for fueling/timing adjustments. Most tho ignore the sensor.

Easy place is in the neck of the KN filter.

Well the K&N my friend gave me doesn't really have much of a neck. The only neck it has is completely used by the clamp. I'll try and think of something and will be posting pictures of my newly remodeled engine bay soon.

Like I said.. its not important.. like a pimple on your nose.. wont affect anything you do..

I cant buy you the correct KN filter. You need to get the correct filter, or make do with what you have.

Unless KN discontinues selling filters

Back