You can type here any text you want

Sensor types

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Lonnie

This is my first time posting, since the big site crash, but a long time reader. I swore this was a topic before but didn't find it by searching.

I ran into a problem tonight buying a new air temp sensor.

It seems that the new sensors (looked for GM TPI sensors for Camaro & Vettes) are no longer the open window type sensor. Maybe they are phasing out this sensor???? They are closed ended brass like ones used for water temp. My fear is that the solid end will react slower changing my fuel mixture under boost as the metal has to heat up before it reacts.

The other GM windowed types that I have found have a different connector. (Grey square insert vs. the black mushroom shaped insert on my current one) These were listed for a Sunbird & 1st design TPI Vette.

The brands that I checked were made by Borg/Warner, GP Sorenson & Echlin. Very frustrating after going to every part store in town. Does anyone have any recent experience purchasing one of these? What brand did you use?

I'm sure the other type can be used, but I have to find the matching connector.

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Back