You can type here any text you want

Setting cam sensor with xfi

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

3.8vsix

How do you set the cam sensor with xfi? Simlar to stock but with crank set at 10deg before tdc? Thanks for any help!!:)

i am no pro in comparison to some of the other guys on here, but i am next to 100% sure that you still set the cam sensor the same way you would if you did not have xfi.

My theory behind this is simple sue to the fact that all the cam sensor does is locate #1 cylinder.

Adrian

If you are running DIS you set cam sensor at 25 ATDC. The crank reference is 10 degrees BTDC, but you need to confirm this with a light and adjust accordingly if needed. This is the way I had to set my classic FAST setup and I can't imagine it would be any different with a XFI.

I can't stress enough you need to confirm timing with a light.

I assume DIS is stock? How do you adjust if it was off? Sorry if these questions are dumb, but some of this stuff is VERY vauge.:confused:

You adjust the timing by changing the crank reference angle. The Cam sensor has nothing to do with ignition timing.

Goto Global parameters. Upper rt is the reference angle Ted is referring to. Check the timing w/ a light. If it's not an actual 10*, then goto the parameter, and change it to the same as the light indicated...

This is I how do it. Set the cam sensor 25ATDC,then start the car and force the cells where it's idling to whatever number you want. Then check with the timing light. Then add or subract in the crank reference angle.
Example: Set all cells surrounding the green ball to 32*, check timing with light, if it shows 28*, add 4* to the reference angle.

Thank you guys for the great info. This really clears things up.:biggrin: I do not have my motor in yet, just trying to get things sorted out ahead of time.

If you are running DIS you set cam sensor at 25 ATDC. The crank reference is 10 degrees BTDC, but you need to confirm this with a light and adjust accordingly if needed. This is the way I had to set my classic FAST setup and I can't imagine it would be any different with a XFI.

I can't stress enough you need to confirm timing with a light.

yes that is how i set my bank 2 bank system

amen to that mast statement!

This is I how do it. Set the cam sensor 25ATDC,then start the car and force the cells where it's idling to whatever number you want. Then check with the timing light. Then add or subract in the crank reference angle.
Example: Set all cells surrounding the green ball to 32*, check timing with light, if it shows 28*, add 4* to the reference angle.

You don't want to set the timing strictly off the values in the table. There is also idle timing and air temp timing correction going on. I would temporarily zero those tables out and set the timing to the Spark (BTDC) value In the dashboard

Back