setting fuel regulator

moe

I just bought an adjustable regulator good for 35 to 65 psi. Is there any way to set the pressure with out installing gage. Possible to adjust it out of the car. I have thrasher 92 and want to get it in the car.

You need a gauge. You can go to the local speed shop and pick up a little vdo gauge for about $20-25 and then go to home depot and buy plumbing parts to attach it to the fuel rail. You will also need to get a shrader valve, same thing that is in your valve stems in your tires, removal tool.

The best guage is the one that comes on a fairly long hose. You attach the hose to the fuel rail and set the gauge on the DS fender. When testing you can tape the gauge to the windshield to make sure its operating properly.

It is not a good idea to mount the guage directly on the fuel rail. Its subject to alot of abuse and will be inaccurate if left on. Best idea is to mount on DS where you can visually see the guage increase. Good luck, Mike

Figured I'd bring this one back, since I did a search and have a very similar question:
I have a BOSCH adjustable FPR, and no fuel gauge. Right now DirectScan tells me I'm running a little rich. Around 840 mv at WOT in 1-2 gears, and about 810 in 3rd. I assume you adjust the FPR with the screw (or is it a bolt, dang, can't remember) up top? I just wanna tweak it a little bit, and want to know which way will lessen the fuel pressure some. Thanks!