You can type here any text you want

SFTBC at Moroso

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Originally posted by jsta6
Hola.

This Friday, September 20 is SFTBC night at Moroso. It is Midnight Madness night!

Well it's about time this thread got started. You guys are slacking! Unfortunatly, I won't be able to make it. :(

Hope everyone has fun and let me know how you guys do.

Later
:cool:

OK, it looks like I will actually be able to make it this time. I hope to be there right at 6.

If you go, look for me, becuase I could use some tuning advice.

Forecast calls for "scattered" thunderstorms all night. I think I will take my chances and try to get some runs in...

RAIN OUT...

It was called a rain out.

No rain all the way there...
No rain all the way back...:(

I was there..

We sat there for almost and hour, then it rains and then they called it. It was almost like they new the rain was coming and just waited for it to rain so they(track staff) would not have to work at all. Car was running good too..:mad:

-Alex

I say we raise money for a track rental by selling "Moroso Sucks"
T-shirts. I waited two hours for absolutely nothing. Except for the rain clouds to move in. :eek:

Damn, that sucks. I know how it is. I got rained out 3 months ago on a midnight madness. Had c-16 in the tank, race chip, everything ready to go except for the slicks (they were in the trunk). Drove an hour and a half over their, paid, waited in the staging lanes till 8:45 and then they called it a night! :mad:

I don't get it. If the track is supposed to be open till 2 am, why close it at 8:45. Even if it stops raining at 10 pm, they dry it off in lets say and hour at most, thats still 3 hours of racing right! They do Suck!
:mad:

I'm looking at Oct 4th. Hopefully it's a bit cooler by then (Maybe high 70's..... please :D ) and hopefully no rain.

Later.
Jorge

BTW, I heard that they added another midnight madness session. October 13.

Yeah I looked on their calender its says 12 Oct 8pm-2am. So they chopped another 2 hours off midnight madness.

Originally posted by turbotrader6
So they chopped another 2 hours off midnight madness.

What a bunch of Cheap Asses! They prolly didn't want to pay their crew the 2 hours!

I agree totally. What a scam they're running up there. I bought a $2.00 bag of ice placed it on my intake and was threatened to remove it or be thrown out of the park because I was in a staging lane. :eek: Of all the money the park soaks up you would think they would have a better set up. So if the midnight madness starts at 8pm. You probly won't be able to run your car till 9:30 or so.

Moroso

It's all crap I tell ya.

The only reason why they make any money is because most racers don't have anorther choice.

It's a freaken monopoly!

Hola.

Well, I think that since it does not start until 8, and since it is on a SATURDAY, that it might not be worth it to go up there. I am sure that they will be over crowded.

has anyone heard about another track in south fl.......maybe homestead?....I miss hollywood trACK MORE AND MORE EACH time i go to the west palm track....I no this is a bit of topic but it seems like there must be another option...

No options! 1 track for a population of 5 million people! There was a big stink in the papers about street racing and how they could stop it, and all the racers said "build another track." The officials said "yeah sure, we'll look into that" :rolleyes:

You have bradenton on the west coast and some 1/8 mile track in the middle of the state that is a little further than moroso, so you stuck with moroso.

next midnight madness is THIS Friday, October 25.

I hope to be there.

To bad that our regularly scheduled club night is also that night...

Back