You can type here any text you want

Sg1

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

J-B Racing

Forced Induction
Last night I heard that TTA could have had SG1 Blocks in their cars..
Is that true?

Yes, all TTAs had a 109 block with 'SG1" on the side of it....But it might not mean what you think it means. That SG1 block was the replacement block for the TR. :)

Yes, all TTAs had a 109 block with 'SG1" on the side of it....But it might not mean what you think it means. That SG1 block was the replacement block for the TR. :)

The dude last night made me believe that it was stronger than the 87 GN 109 Blocks....
So I guess he`s in the River!! He was asking $550 for just the Block..

The dude last night made me believe that it was stronger than the 87 GN 109 Blocks....

Not the block, but the TTA crank is more desirable than the one used in the TR engines.

It is a 109 casting. Tell him its just as strong as a NA 3.8 block;) . I gave a std. bore one to a friend last year. They are nothing special.

Yeah the block is nothing special, but the crank is crossdrilled and the pistons are dished.

The pistons in the T/R are dished as well.
Doug

True. Both engines have dished pistons, however the CC volume on the dishes are different. IE.. you can't use a TR engine with TTA heads and expect to run the same boost on pump gas. My friend found that out when he replaced his TTA engine with a TR shortblock >>LOL:D

Back