You can type here any text you want

Sheared the window regulator roller pin off

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

theman1990

TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
The previous owner installed the upgraded electric regulators a few years ago. Unfortunately there was a pretty decent gap in the front lower edge where it meets the weatherstripping resulting in a lot of wind noise and water entry when washing. I decided to try to "adjust it better" and ended up shearing the back roller pin right off the regulator arm. Does anyone know where I might source a driver's side or if this is a repairable item... Also, how do you get the window regulator OUT?? lol

My luck in the Buick world isn't great so far.... :(

Dorman sells windows regulator parts. Try searching online. Maybe you will get lucky.

Craig
I ended u[ buying a Dorman kit... It appears the original installer did the same thing and then did a shite weld job trying to "repair" it. I tapped the hole and screwed in the new roller...

The worst part is, for all the time/trouble, I'm not sure it seals any better lol

I ended u[ buying a Dorman kit... It appears the original installer did the same thing and then did a shite weld job trying to "repair" it. I tapped the hole and screwed in the new roller...

The worst part is, for all the time/trouble, I'm not sure it seals any better lol
Rollers won't help ya sealage.

That's gonna be up to you adjusting the glass up/down/in, & out.

There's a book by Pete Serio that will tell ya all about adjusting. That's how I did mine. Took out the regulators, cleaned & regreased regulators. Also replaced all of the rollers.

Whilst I had both sides apart, I drilled & tapped & inserted threadserts for both of the strap holes & both of the door pull holes.

Rollers won't help ya sealage.

That's gonna be up to you adjusting the glass up/down/in, & out.

There's a book by Pete Serio that will tell ya all about adjusting. That's how I did mine. Took out the regulators, cleaned & regreased regulators. Also replaced all of the rollers.

Whilst I had both sides apart, I drilled & tapped & inserted threadserts for both of the strap holes & both of the door pull holes.
Yeah I know that, I broke the roller while adjusting to get a better seal....

Back