Sheetrock Question

They (home depot, lowes,etc.) sell a special roller for the job. Just ask the paint guy at the store.

Chris

use a 3/4 inch or 1 inch nap roller, need to get in the crevices and all that, will use alot of paint, spray would be easier if you know what your doing, if not roll it and you'll be fine.

I got smart with a couple of rooms and used some latex paint in with the water when I mixed up the texture stuff, so think I'll be okay there. Other rooms I didn't and I afraid of rolling off the texture when it gets wet from the new paint. Think I did that once before.
Thanks for the suggestions.
Paul

If you've got a few extra bucks, buy the Wagner Power painter. For ceilings, be sure to get the one with the seperate paint reservoir. It looks like a small box with a shoulder strap. The regular sprayer will lose it's prime when you turn the gun toward the ceiling. I've had mine for years. It was about $60, but I HATE painting so it was worth it. Cuts the job in half.

I still have to fix my the ceiling in my garage from last years hurricane Charley and I see where they sell a kit at Lowes. Contains a 5 gallon pail with a special roller and the popcorn. If I read the instructions right you can tint it to the correct color or just leave it alone for white. I cant imagine trying to run a roller across this stuff. All I have to is look at mine and the stuff falls off. And to many crevises(sp) to get good coverage with a power painter. Sometimes I feel like scrapping the crap off and putting a conventional texture on it. Come to think of it a suspended ceiling is starting to look pretty good too.