Shelby GT500 adjusted Dealer mark-up WOW!

I enjoyed my 03 Cobra its different than my T type but I enjoy the Buick more. Kind of more fun to have a older car thats been made fast than a ready made hot rod. I also get more compliments on the Buick than the Ford. (the cobra handled and stopped a lot better though)

flattype said:
I enjoyed my 03 Cobra its different than my T type but I enjoy the Buick more. Kind of more fun to have a older car thats been made fast than a ready made hot rod. I also get more compliments on the Buick than the Ford. (the cobra handled and stopped a lot better though)

mine was a 65 .. I am still thinkin about the new GT 500's though :cool:

Attachments

• Cobra.jpg
    Cobra.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 123
My same friend has the Cobra kit car bought it and has everything done but the engine and trans put in it and that is complete also. But this is one of the cars hes getting rid of before its done for the new Shelby. He really would have liked the real thing thou.

TWISTER said:
My same friend has the Cobra kit car bought it and has everything done but the engine and trans put in it and that is complete also. But this is one of the cars hes getting rid of before its done for the new Shelby. He really would have liked the real thing thou.

the "real" thing is to expensive to chance drivin it on the street ... Alum is so soft on those cars ... lean on the fender with the palm of your hand and you could dent it :rolleyes: .. Kit car could be more fun BUT now ins company's are lookin twice at them to insure them ... not much there if ya got in an accident .. I was halucinating about doin a Buick Turbo motor but changed my mind after lookin at them closer ...so what did I get ??? this is my new "Cobra" :p

Attachments

• MayZ1.JPG
    MayZ1.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 101
The GT500's are going for 25-30k over sticker at the dealership I work at, and we have already had them in for some service issues.(I am a service advisor) Even as an employee of the company, I can not get one at MSRP. The first one that hit the lot, sold for 75k. :eek: For the money they are asking, I'll take a Z06 or even a z51 package c6 for less...

If that car wouldve stayed at its normal price,ford wouldve sold a ton of those.Maybe next yr will be better.Buy the vette.

Grumpy said:
the "real" thing is to expensive to chance drivin it on the street ... Alum is so soft on those cars ... lean on the fender with the palm of your hand and you could dent it :rolleyes: .. Kit car could be more fun BUT now ins company's are lookin twice at them to insure them ... not much there if ya got in an accident .. I was halucinating about doin a Buick Turbo motor but changed my mind after lookin at them closer ...so what did I get ??? this is my new "Cobra" :p
Those are such beautiful cars. It would knock them down a peg to be on the same roads as Chevy Ventures and Ford Tauras'. :tongue: I have only seen a handfull of real ones in my life (mostly 289 cars), and have seen quite a bit of replicas/superperformance cars. I had a run in with a superperformance a few weeks ago and made him think twice about subarus. :D

Nick

suicide six said:
If that car wouldve stayed at its normal price,ford wouldve sold a ton of those.Maybe next yr will be better.Buy the vette.

hahahahaha IF Ford had 1/2 a brain they would make a gazillion of them and SELL them .. maybe then they could stay in the black instead of the red :eek: :p I would pay $40k :cool: