Shelby GT500 adjusted Dealer mark-up WOW!

My turd on pump gas and alky. is a lot faster than that overpriced Ferd. :p

Good luck to them on sales, they will need it to stay afloat. :eek: :D

The Z06 is still the best buy out there. :cool:

flattype said:
Just buy a 03/04 cobra with a pulley/tune 22-25k and its faster and looks better.

nah I want a new style car :cool: with a tune on it it will go to .. hey it's only $$$$ :p

Gt-500?

Went to my local Ford Dealer, where I have got my last 3 new work trucks. Asked my saleman, (who sold me the trucks) How much are the 500's going for. He said 15k over list. I said to him, I saw Bill Ford on TV a few months ago, He said the GT would be an affordable 42k. My salesman did not answer me!!!! :D

miked said:
Went to my local Ford Dealer, where I have got my last 3 new work trucks. Asked my saleman, (who sold me the trucks) How much are the 500's going for. He said 15k over list. I said to him, I saw Bill Ford on TV a few months ago, He said the GT would be an affordable 42k. My salesman did not answer me!!!! :D
own3d. :D

Nick

Agreed w/the 03/04 cobras vs new shelby.The numbers Ive seen say 13.1 in quarter.Sure a set of stickys will help.Yet many GNs are well under those numbers now.15 or more over list price is nuts.You shouldve told your ford stealer he sold you your last new vehicle.

My best friend just ordered his it comes in around Jan, Sellin 4 mustangs and an SUV to finance it. Claims its an investment, Is he gonna regret paying $15k over sticker next year or am I just a little jealous. I mean $60,000 for a mustang is rediculous. How is this an investment ? If you drive it you automatically loose.

TWISTER said:
My best friend just ordered his it comes in around Jan, Sellin 4 mustangs and an SUV to finance it. Claims its an investment, Is he gonna regret paying $15k over sticker next year or am I just a little jealous. I mean $60,000 for a mustang is rediculous. How is this an investment ? If you drive it you automatically loose.

some people like art work ..some like old antique's(good firewood) .. just a matter of what ya want .. I agree a Z06 can be faster BUT they don't want that they want a Shelby Mustang . :p oh sure will be fun to drive an beat the hell out of it . :biggrin: I will admit to liking them BUT I don't HAVE to have it know. I can wait a year or to ..Of course that is if I am still alive :eek: ummmm I want a Shebly convert to match my other old clunker :wink:

Attachments

• MS-rear.jpg
    MS-rear.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 180
He ordered it to match his 66 Shelby that he just bought 3 months ago. Sold 4 other mustans to buy that one too. His garages are almost empty now.

full garagas are useless unless ya use them :eek: hey do as I say NOT as I do :p
Twister what # 66 Shelby does he have ??? mine is the last one produced in 66 #2378 :biggrin:

His is 1 of 1000 Hertz edition. #1959. I told him yours was a conv. and he said that is one of 6 made, is this true to your car?

TWISTER said:
His is 1 of 1000 Hertz edition. #1959. I told him yours was a conv. and he said that is one of 6 made, is this true to your car?

nope :eek: way back when they thought that BUT after the Ford records the found out there were only 4 :biggrin: green,red,yellow and blue .. this was Shelby's wife's "driver" :cool:

Grumpy said:
nope :eek: way back when they thought that BUT after the Ford records the found out there were only 4 :biggrin: green,red,yellow and blue .. this was Shelby's wife's "driver" :cool:

Please send me more pics of that convertible, i had no idea they even made a vert!
wanner@kc.rr.com

WOW

BW

Thanks for the info on the conv. My friend is gonna crap when I tell him a Buick guy owns one of many ford lovers dream cars. In my opinion the most valuable car on the board. If I dare say.

Is this the car I remember reading about awhile back a women wanted a couch or something and you bought it for a deal or did I get my stories all mixed up on this? Please enlighten me. Thanks.

TWISTER said:
Is this the car I remember reading about awhile back a women wanted a couch or something and you bought it for a deal or did I get my stories all mixed up on this? Please enlighten me. Thanks.

no that was my first 67 GT 500 with 17k on it ... Friend's wife wanted a new living room set :rolleyes: ...Has your buddy ever driven a Buick Turbo car ???? He doesn't know what he is missing .. Here is the car in the driveway with the fleet of Buicks and TTAs .. this will really make him cry :p

Attachments

• fleet.jpg
    fleet.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 103
He drove my car in my wedding but it was all stock then, He hasnt been in it for awhile, I used to store it at his house in the winter 5 mustangs and 1 buick jammed into one garage made me nervous they might suck HP fom the Buick.He knows about the darkside. When I called him to ask his Shelby # he wondered if your car was the real thing and let him know from your fleet in your sig Im sure its legit.lol I really wouldnt mind a mustang but Ive been a Ford hater for so long that its too late to turn back. Alot more mustangs to hang out with than Buick guys around here Im sorry to say. He never raced any of his cars just restored them and drove them. Had 9 at one time I always told him that was so he could fix one everyday of the week lol.

I played with Shelby's (25 anyway) and 427 Cobra's for 15 years or so .. then just got tired of them .. the 66 Shelby is a long story .. only drove it one summer ..only has somewhere in the 20k for milage :cool: now the same thing has happened with Buicks and TTAs .. Have had a LOT of them .. but getting board again... time to move on .. may do a new Mustang :biggrin: