Shifter cable popping off

GeneralB44

www.pinkhumpy.com
Hi, my shifter cable keeps popping off. Is there any trick to getting it to stay put?
Thanks!

Attachments

• 9292A1A0-FDFB-4101-9389-0A2B91C1D717.jpeg
    9292A1A0-FDFB-4101-9389-0A2B91C1D717.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 27
Also, pump some WD down, from the console, thru the cable hsg. There may be crud, rust, causing issues.

Aftermarket bracket? The slot in my bracket is not that big and the retaining clip keeps the cable in the hole . You have to slip the slot in the cable through the slot on bracket that is smaller than the round part of the cable and seat the round part of the cable in a round part of the bracket.
Now I’m confused!
The bracket should look like a OLD style key slot, that make any sense to you?

Aftermarket bracket? The slot in my bracket is not that big and the retaining clip keeps the cable in the hole . You have to slip the slot in the cable through the slot on bracket that is smaller than the round part of the cable and seat the round part of the cable in a round part of the bracket.
Now I’m confused!
The bracket should look like a OLD style key slot, that make any sense to you?
I have the original bracket but replaced the cable with an aftermarket one last year. I had to do the zip tie thing and it's been fine since.

Anyone have a retraining clip they wanna sell
https://gbodyparts.com/shifter-cable-clip-p-1147.html?osCsid=fdb0601b3b2c721a5ab732e4db9db9f6