Shill Bid or Real?

HA... yeah, it's a fake bidder... Look at his history. Registered for 3yrs, Zero feedback... 16 bid retractions in the last 30 days, and 50 for the last 6 months.

SHILLER.

Bidding Details

Bidder Information
Bidder: Bidder 1
Registered on eBay: Between 3 and 4 years
Item description: Buick : Grand National
Bids on this item: 1
30-Day Summary
Total bids: 11
Items bid on: 11
Bid activity (%) with this seller: 9%
Bids to unique sellers: 11
Bids in unique categories: 7
Bid retractions: 16
Bid retractions (6 months): 50

30-Day Bid History

Item Category No. of Bids Seller Last Bid
Item 1 eBay Motors > Cars & Trucks > Buick 1 Seller 1 6d 9h
Item 2 eBay Motors > Cars & Trucks > Porsche 1 Seller 2 5d 20h
Item 3 eBay Motors > Cars & Trucks > Pontiac 1 Seller 3 5d
Item 4 eBay Motors > Cars & Trucks > Pontiac 1 Seller 4 9d 9h
Item 5 eBay Motors > Cars & Trucks > Chevrolet 1 Seller 5 6d 12h
Item 6 eBay Motors > Cars & Trucks > Pontiac 1 Seller 6 3d 13h
Item 7 eBay Motors > Cars & Trucks > Lexus 1 Seller 7 6d 18h
Item 8 eBay Motors > Cars & Trucks > Chevrolet 1 Seller 8 8d 10h
Item 9 eBay Motors > Cars & Trucks > Buick 1 Seller 9 2d
Item 10 eBay Motors > Cars & Trucks > Oldsmobile 1 Seller 10 5d 23h
Item 11 eBay Motors > Cars & Trucks > Chevrolet 1 Seller 11 5d 22h

NOW... keep in mind that it doesn't really matter since the reserve isn't hit yet... he's probably just a dummy account created for people to "Feel" out reserve prices.

hmm, $100K car from a 0 feedback seller, hardly any pics and next to no description. No way in hell Id go anywhere near that

100k for a GNX?

100k is a lot of coin to spend on any car you can't really put any driving miles on....for a 100k I will buy my used low mile 06 ZO6 and a nice cabin in North Carolina for vacations.....If I was to buy a 20 year old car for a 100k it would be for investment only....these GNX'S may be topped out now...and for awhile... so I would have to buy the car not drive it and pray it goes up in value? what fun that is.....

NOt sure on the bidder,But that car is at Robert Buick in Danbury CT.
Its been there since 87.Its always in a heated a/c building on the proerty with a cover on it.
You can see it from the street

i would drive the sh*t out of that car day in and day out i just would not mod it at all or just an alky kit and chip.

100k is a lot of coin to spend on any car you can't really put any driving miles on....for a 100k I will buy my used low mile 06 ZO6 and a nice cabin in North Carolina for vacations.....If I was to buy a 20 year old car for a 100k it would be for investment only....these GNX'S may be topped out now...and for awhile... so I would have to buy the car not drive it and pray it goes up in value? what fun that is.....

I agree with slowcar, though I wouldn't buy a extra house, I'd get a new Z06 and put turbos on it. That would be interesting, anyone done that yet?
I'll get Callaway on this ASAP.

This isn't the first time it has been up there. If I remember correctly, last time it was up there he wanted $120K. If he wants $170K this time, he will sit on it for a while longer.

big buck gnx

Car is in Danbury CT. at Robert Buick and can be bought for a mere 170k, I called to ask, just in case someone was upping the bidding. If it sells for that I'm asking 120k for mine, just kidding Twin:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

It was about a year ago that he had it up last time - I drive by it several times a week. The pics in this auction are the very ones from his last one.
There's an earlier thread here on the car/seller too, darned if I could find it though! He's got a "collection" of other cars in the same building - J-car convertibles among them(!) and he surrounds it with the p'ups/vans his dealership sells. One one side of the building he's also got to late 80 LeSabre 4 doors that are used as a "fence" to block access that one side...odd.

That GNX & the auction are for real. The pictures do not do the car any justice & how many NEW GNX's can still be at there original dealer for sale?

$100k or more still a lot for any car period

$100k is a lot of money period for any car short of a Buggati Veryon... and yes that car is well over a million to purchase....... and the GNX will become a "used car" once it leaves the dealer.....besides at 9 miles .. the car will require seals and more then likely an a/c recharge... and many other things to get it to a real driveable state....a GNX with 20k miles would be a better collector/driver in most cases....besides If I had the money why would I go buy a 100k plus car 20 years old? ...that I just can't drive very often as I had stated.....hell I would rather for the money buy a really nice z06 or for comfort and speed a CL65 for about 70k and keep the change.. a bank will not finance a car like that at anywhere near that price....I just got a loan to buy a Turbo car and I couldnt get better then $18k...loan values on these cars are crazy...my credit is above a 730 beacon and the interest rate will be high if you pulled it off......the 100k is better off in the bank gaining interest...on an investment point of view.......I was at a local Mopar National show 2 weeks ago.. I saw a lot of rare ...very rare Hemi cars.. verts and all....these cars range in value anywhere fom 65k to over 250k... and people buy them ... I wouldnt pay more then say 25k tops for one....a Nice GN or Limited would be my choice.... I would want to drive it every once in a while even though the cars are not exactly comfortable and are of very old technology ....no A/C...rock like suspenson...brakes that are meant more for a bicycle rather then a car with 400 plus HP......people buy them because of nostalgic value rather then anything else........for a very few people out there with more money then brains that GNX might be the right car for them...... as for most of us.. that is the kind of money that makes you shake your head and say "for what?"... you must be joking....

If I had the extra change it would be relocated, no second thoughts!

There is truly no way to put a value on these types of cars IMO, its all in what the man that wont's it the worst will pay;)

I'd drive the piss out of it, or any other GNX. If somethin breaks I got a warranty on that "new" car. :D

$100k is a lot of money period for any car short of a Buggati Veryon... and yes that car is well over a million to purchase....... and the GNX will become a "used car" once it leaves the dealer.....besides at 9 miles .. the car will require seals and more then likely an a/c recharge... and many other things to get it to a real driveable state....a GNX with 20k miles would be a better collector/driver in most cases....besides If I had the money why would I go buy a 100k plus car 20 years old? ...that I just can't drive very often as I had stated.....hell I would rather for the money buy a really nice z06 or for comfort and speed a CL65 for about 70k and keep the change.. a bank will not finance a car like that at anywhere near that price....I just got a loan to buy a Turbo car and I couldnt get better then $18k...loan values on these cars are crazy...my credit is above a 730 beacon and the interest rate will be high if you pulled it off......the 100k is better off in the bank gaining interest...on an investment point of view.......I was at a local Mopar National show 2 weeks ago.. I saw a lot of rare ...very rare Hemi cars.. verts and all....these cars range in value anywhere fom 65k to over 250k... and people buy them ... I wouldnt pay more then say 25k tops for one....a Nice GN or Limited would be my choice.... I would want to drive it every once in a while even though the cars are not exactly comfortable and are of very old technology ....no A/C...rock like suspenson...brakes that are meant more for a bicycle rather then a car with 400 plus HP......people buy them because of nostalgic value rather then anything else........for a very few people out there with more money then brains that GNX might be the right car for them...... as for most of us.. that is the kind of money that makes you shake your head and say "for what?"... you must be joking....
there's a guy in autotrader sellin his GNX with over 30K miles in it. The car is from Florida and acquired numerous show thropies, the car is lightly modded but he kept all the original parts including the orig. tires! He said he needs the space for his new Shelby 500 arriving in 2 weeks. His best price is $65K. What do you think guys?

I think it is your money ... do what you want

I think it is a lot of money since a nice GN with half the miles will be maybe $35k less or more........ this GNX is a driver