You can type here any text you want

Short blast behind a Ferrari Spyder!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

rb68rr

I ran up behind my friends brand new red convertable Ferrari Spyder tonight on the outskirts of town. He saw me behind him an I wanted to watch it leave in a hurry but there was a car in front of him creeping along. Then the car in front put on the blinker to turn right and I knew he was going to put on a show! When the car turned we were going about 25 mph and he hammered it. I guessed right and floored mine at the exact same time. He had a car length on me when we started and we went up to about 90 mph. Guess what? His $165,000 car never pulled me an inch!! I'm pretty sure that if we hadn't run out of room he would have just killed me! He slowed down and motioned for me to pull up beside him. His comment was " Damn, that old car runs good!!!" I just laughed and said, "Yeah, but my black one is a lot quicker!" I was in my all original 86' T-Type!!! True story. R.B.

Sweet.
I think from a dig a modded GN would kill it but over 100 mph the Ferrari would start to show its tail lights. I also bet 150 mph in the Ferrari feels more stable than 100 in my GN.

Originally posted by XLR8
Sweet.
I think from a dig a modded GN would kill it but over 100 mph the Ferrari would start to show its tail lights. I also bet 150 mph in the Ferrari feels more stable than 100 in my GN.

Depends on the GN, for some the show ain't over til way past the 100,
Or so I've been told. :)

GNs can be made to handle higher road speeds, rather nicely. A set of Bilstiens, some higher rate/shorter springs, fresh ball joints (tie rod ends, crosslink etc.), hard body bushing, the frame reinforcements, all start to add up to a very stable platform.
Or so I've been told. :)

Well i rented a 360 Modena out in Vegas from rent a vette and i top ended the car 183mph, i thought the speedo read 186mph but the spec on the car is 183mph so...... I like my 04 ZO6 better overall, but the modena screams with its redline . Overall it was dog on the lowend though . Most GNs would wreak this thing . I want to post a pic but i cant for some reason .

The owner of the company I work for has a 360 spyder. I've been trying to get him to run for pinks, but he just laughs. They're rated at 405 hp and 275 tq, so they're not real power monsters. He just bought a Bently 2 door continental that I'm a little more afraid of... 6 liter twin turbo w12, but 5000lbs.

Back