Shorting A & B Question?

Lockman

OH, OK .......Now I get it
Just a quick question : I attempted to read any Codes today , old school , on my stock ' 84 hot air. When I jumped A & B , the SEL would not flash or react ? Could that be a bad ground , to the mounting bracket of the ALDL connector?
Thanks for any direction on this. I have no one else to ask?........... Lockman

Just confirming - you are jumping it AFTER the key is turned forward? Not before, right?

The first time i tried this, i wasn't sticking the jumper in far enough to make good contact - so make sure they're in there good (don't break it, thought)

Yes , . I may have done it before? I'll double check that this morning , But i 'm 99% sure I tried with the key On ? I appreciate you answering , & I'll get back to you a little later this morning.

Got It ! I installed my ALDL Bracket W/ a good ground & that was the problem..... Keep it simple, Sailor ( RET. ) & dont't panic , ( & your support ) :cool: is always the best way, especially trying to learn about these things.

Another question , though : At start up & idle with outside temp ~ 32 Degrees, I get a great amount of condensation out of the tailpipe. Of course , After the engine warms it goes away ? Should I expect this on my setup ? Rosie has no Cat or Muffler's , just a straight Pipe all the way ???
Thanks for any advice.----------Lockman

Glad to hear it was something simple.

Mine has quite a bit too on cold days - I would say that it is normal (hot exhaust air vs cold ambient air = condensation). Once the pipes are warm and the air inside them isn't cool, I think that would make the condensation stop as you say. Of course, I'm no scientist so I could be horribly wrong... LOL!

Thank You Sir... It's definitely condensation . ( No coolant , which was my immediate worry ). I did install a heated O2 . I 'll see If I notice anything . I 'm down to trying to lower the BLM readings, but i'm gaining on it , LoL !